Burial site "reset"?

clownkrieger
clownkrieger Member Posts: 121

So there is a lot of discussion around that its hard to get a burial site that fits the plan for an outpost you have in mind cause of the random nature of the generation of baserock/genemat/tombs, and a lot of discussion about people not wanting their outposts to "die out of age" cause of the decay/prestige system.

Wouldnt it be a middle ground to just be able to "reset" (maybe for a fee?) a burial site to the state it has been in directly after buying it? And no, i am not talking about just deleting the complete outpost that is build on it, but removing all stats (kills, accolades etc) and prestige levels and extra capacity as well.

That would allow people that found a good plot for their plans to reuse it after it has run its time, allow people that failed to prestige it (out of which reasons ever) to get another shot (by rebuilding completely), and makes it easier for people to recreate bases they grew fond of (even a "blueprint" system can come in place here).

People that dont care and/or want to preserve their outposts in social mode still can do that. You can also still just delete the burial site if you neither want to rebuild or preserve it for social.

Comments

• Entchenklein
    Entchenklein Member Posts: 35

To my knowledge you can already refill your outpost so if you dont reach the next prestiege level you can just pay some scrap to refill it and try again you dont even lose extra capacity or prestiege level you only have to pay scrap

• clownkrieger

Yea i saw something about that in the interface but didnt really understand it (...), and all my outposts got enough points to actualy prestige so i never had to use it.

So its like just a refill of the genemat that you pay for without gaining prestigelevel and extra capacity? That opens up a whole lot of new questions and problems then though...

• Entchenklein
    Entchenklein Member Posts: 35

you pay scrap to refill your genpool evectively converting scrap into genmat and levelups for the cimera yes you can do that likely indefinitely but remember you can only have 5 maps up at the same time

• Redbeard_Steel
    Redbeard_Steel Member Posts: 32

Yea I had to do this once with one of my smaller maps. I made it as a "beginner" entry map, but it was a few exp short of actually prestige when it's time ran out, so I had to make the map a bit more difficult. (I don't think it was too much harder for a new person, but I got well over the needed amount after that, so maybe?)

As long as the main priority of map leveling is kills, this is always going to be an issue. I get the idea behind the time limit is to keep people actively playing and not filling up a raiders map options with maps that haven't been looked at in 3+ months because the person quit, but beyond just extending the time limit to prestige, they still need to give more rewards for a builder's map beyond kill count, as that's only ever going to bring us back to the same issues.

• MiniWall
    MiniWall Member Posts: 10

I would prefer something along the line of a minimum raid attempt count before an outpost get depleted.

That would ensure a minimum amount of fairness.

If your outpost got depleted in that minimum amount of attempt, then it means your map did not get enough kill (deadly) or accolade(fun).

• clownkrieger

While i like that idea, there needs to be some decay over time, otherwise ugly low-effort concrete stuff, that people might not even attempt after seeing the preview pic, will clog up the pool of active bases forever.

• MiniWall
    MiniWall Member Posts: 10

Well beside "'longth HVR path" maps or "high amount of block" maps (which may result in high loading times for low specs pc) I do not see any other reason one would want to dodge a map.

But I agree it would not works if we don't have way to ensure maze map are put out of the pools.

As for the "visual" aspect of the map, I think it's the opposite, bad looking map will get minimum amount of raid, while good looking map will get more.