The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Raiders Keep Leaving

M11NTY
M11NTY Alpha Surveyor Posts: 14

Recently I have noticed that a lot of recent Raiders have just left the Outpost instead of trying to reach the end. It's annoying as I won't get the deserved about of kills from the base due to the lack of skill and perseverance from raiders...

I don't use any cheap tactics like Kill Boxes and actually use smart traps from past experience.

Comments

• TehoKone
    TehoKone Member Posts: 21

This game has a tendency to crash a lot.

• Onlysur5er
    Onlysur5er Member Posts: 16

Or you may possibly have an unfair situation built into your outpost. If I see those kill box rooms solo I'll leave. Why give away 80 kills. Not assuming just saying.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

I'm new to this particular game. What do you mean by "kill box rooms"?

• magic1236
    magic1236 Member Posts: 106

These are just rooms that overwhelmed by traps and or guards. So the moment you go inside of them you have to constantly be moving to try and avoid getting killed or you have to move extremely slow and somehow slowly take them out. But it’s where it’s so many traps that you can only take out a few with your gun before having to retrieve ammo.

• TehoKone
    TehoKone Member Posts: 21

In short, this guy is a newbie. Most newbies are afraid to adapt.

Please don't be a newbie and..

Git Gud.

• Onlysur5er
    Onlysur5er Member Posts: 16

If what makes your outpost dangerous is a single room with 15 guards and 10 turrets or impaler's filled to the brim with corrosive cubes. It's an unfair drain on ammo and in my opinion not fun

• magic1236

I don’t see how me explaining to the person what a “kill box room” is makes me a newbie. There has yet to be a level I haven’t beat. Only one I have failed to beat was one where a storm took out my power in the middle of raiding the outpost.

this game is going to thrive depending the community. Do try not being rude/toxic/talk down to others especially those that are new as it’s best not to drive people away Because they feel the community it toxic. That could lead to the downfall of this game real quick. And if this is bait well good on you it was well placed. I fear the baits you leave in your outpost XD.

• magic1236
    edited April 2023

Post edited by magic1236 on
  • Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Technical issues aside, everyone's different, but I think the 'art' to a successful outpost is building a feeling of progression where raiders can clearly see a simple solution to a given trap-combo even if it kills them.

I usually find that stringing a few smaller 'rooms' together, maybe 2-4, that each include a few smart traps and a few guards, works best. Raiders will die a couple times per 'room' until they master it and move to the next one.

Of course a 'room' could also be a hallway, as long as you can demarcate it as it's own entity, with room to pause and prepare between each one, and second waves count too.

For example, my most successful outpost so far is a clean surface with a small building, that leads down to sublevels. First opens to a fairly large room (8x4x4) that has 2 Enforcers, 2 Hornets and a couple of traps that snare you if you retrieve your ammo from the Enforcers. Then a clean hallway to the genmat room, which throws everything at you the moment you grab it, but it has two safe spots each 2 spaces away from the genmat, so a quick jump to the right spot saves you. Then on the way out, the rooms are clear and the hallways become the new 'rooms' with second wave traps. This one tends to get at least 3 and often more deaths per run, and on the replay you can see the steady progression as they 'solve' each room like a puzzle.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

Why you bothered to dignify that kind of post with a reply is beyond me.

As for the OP : the gain for an outpost is relatively constant for a category. A kill room (among others) has a very poor time/reward ratio so a skip is often more efficient. I was already bored with the game after 30 or so raids so after a point all I was interested was the resources I would get. Fun wasn't a factor anymore and I wouldn't mind dropping inefficient runs immediately. (Speaking in the past as I've stopped playing the game after 12 hours)

• magic1236

Cause I am a bit of a fool. Will admit this is my first time really being active on forms so I am a newbie in that sense XD.

It is a shame you stopped playing the game. Think you are fully done with it or might come back to it after some time?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

Don't say that about yourself. (Being nice would be an equally valid explanation, among others)

I plan to play again as soon as they fix the 0-visits per 12-hours useless prestige issue.

Having builders testing/proving their own outpost is another thing that's bound to increase my interest.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Two reasons I would just leave:

I often start a raid for a couple extra synthite from tombs when I only need a few for a base reset or prestige. That being said, if you painted a path to the tombs I will attempt your base, probably giving you a death or more before I leave and give you accolades on your design. If you put traps on or blocked the tombs, I will leave without having died and will not give you any accolades whatsoever. If you incorporated the tombs into your base, then everything depends on how unique your design is as to whether I'll make an attempt to get them or just leave.

During regular raiding there is one style of base that is killing the game, in my opinion. If you copied the most common base of a single path through lava with traps under the feet of guards on either side... I'm bored of that. Those uninspired unoriginal copycat bases are beyond boring and this is just week two. They are making the game not worth the effort it takes. If I see that type of base I will happily not waste my time and just leave.

• codex0003
    codex0003 Member Posts: 2

if it was hard and i cant reach the end i'll leave i'm not spending hours on 1 raid

and the loading time on ps4 between deaths is annoying.

• Darkyan
    Darkyan Member Posts: 122

From personal experiences, there are some "Smart traps" that don't deserve to be played more than once.

Usually i leave after 6 death if I find the traps to be abusing a specific issue with the game. ( Looking at you infinite flamethrower trap behind opaque second wind lava blocks, underneath a complex wall-glitch wedge structure. )