Outpost Kills not counting

Rauthr
Rauthr Member Posts: 7

I just activated my 3rd base.

I saw that a pair of players (in a duo) raided my base, and took 7 minutes before they quit without collecting my Genmat, yet the replay showed their run as 0-deaths.

I watched their replay, and they actually died a total of 9 times before they quit, several times they both died and had to start over.

I then rewatched a few of the replays on my other bases and a couple of them also were showing 0 deaths, yet had several deaths throughout also.

Why is this happening? and is there anything I can do from my end?

8 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Rauthr

Additional note: I looked at the prestige tracker, and there were no additional deaths tallied their either

• RCH347
    RCH347 Member Posts: 5

Mine had the replay show everything, but nothing at the build menu or at the outpost: no deaths recorded over there, no prestige points, and no skull stones/resources. That one run was half the deaths that I got on that outpost, and I barely have enough prestige points without it to prestige the outpost.

• RCH347

Additional Note: I watched the replay before looking at my outposts in the command post. The other raid on that outpost (for which I didn't watch the replay) showed up when building without issue (skull stone and resources for the one death), and that run appears to have counted for prestige.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,232
    edited April 2023

I've noticed this too. It was most obvious when my Brutal large outpost had 2 raids and 3 deaths with a 1.5 kill ratio, but showed three replays, one of which was 0 deaths and abandoned. Viewing the replay, they died 8 times! That outpost failed to make prestige because it only received 3 deaths...

Looking back through all my replays, I counted SEVENTEEN zero death abandoned raids. Viewing a few of them, they all had at leat 3 deaths, some had over 10!

It's bad enough to only get 2-3 raids per 24hrs, but to have those raids essentially nullified is taking the piss.

• Rauthr

I'm curious if "rage quitting" by just ALT-F4 'ing their way out of the game, retroactively negates all the deaths they had on their run?

• Seraphor

I'd be surprised if my outpost triggered 17 ragequits, but I suppose game crashes might also have the same effect.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

did you check their player level?

disconnects and rage quits negate the stats.

• RCH347

Perhaps it does, but the run on my outpost didn't quit and successfully captured the GenMat. Unless they crashed literally at the end of the raid when back in the safezone instead of returning to their base, the raider made it through, yet it still didn't count.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

i've had this bug happen before. i just figured it didn't count because they died so much

• Cyba_Zero
    Cyba_Zero Member Posts: 23

I've had one instance of kills not counting: one raider left after his 4th death, didn't reach the GenMat, and didn't leave any tombstones or resources. Deaths were registered as zero, despite the replay showing four, and the base got no credit for them. (I've also mentioned it in the other 3 threads on this issue I have found.)

Conversely, the same base has since had a normal raid or two, but I also found two tombstones (marked as new and holding dropped resources) that had no replay to go with them. Definitely some bugs going on.

• Rauthr

Here's a new one:

Replay machine shows 0 deaths

Build menu shows 0 new deaths

Watching the "0 death" replay shows 8 deaths

Please Devs .... if someone dies in the run, it should count =(

• RCH347

I just had another one on my same map that completed the raid, the replay says and shows one death, but no prestige points earned and no deaths recorded on the build menu or in the command post. There are multiple other comments addressing these uncounted deaths as well...

• Cyba_Zero
    Cyba_Zero Member Posts: 23

If it helps, I was doing a raid the other day when my internet briefly dropped out a few deaths in and booted me to the start menu. I did go back to the base and register a couple more deaths before abandoning once I got back in (it was a killboxy base) but noticed on my raid replays that the first of the two raids - not the second, mind, despite my eventually leaving without the GenMat - was labelled zero deaths, when I had definitely died a good number of times more than that. I would imagine the base owner saw much the same bug as we've all been mentioning in this thread.

This would suggest that this 'deaths but no deaths' bug is caused by crashes/dc rather than simply leaving the mission, and that death-count/tombstones being saved to the base in real-time rather than - presumably - at the end of the mission, might be a possible solution.

Even seeing this bug from both ends now, I still think it's only fair the base-owner gets their fair tally of kills/loot.

• dede1711
    dede1711 Member Posts: 1

I have had a few now where I can see the highlights of someone, they have died quite a few times and left with the gen matt. I can see the video, I can see the stats on the replay computer but when I go to this base there is nothing to collect in the base, not added to the stats in deaths but has added to the amount of plays. It's always my dangerous level base as well.

• Mcdazzlez
    Mcdazzlez Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

It is game crashes but for the most part its an exploit people are using in game. You can alt f4 or dashboard on play station. It doesn't count your deaths. People use it to preserve rank, punish bases they see as unfun and to scour the entire map then return to complete woth no deaths.

If you go over to reddit you can see many people telling others to do it to punish raiders for killboxes etc. It's a real issue.

• Lastpenfighter
    Lastpenfighter Member Posts: 18

Same for me! This happens about 2 to 3 times a day across my bases. Look at how many deaths I missed out on! Absolutely insane that people can die loads of times in a base and we builders get absolutely nothing for it. Two of my bases aren't prestige 5+ yet so they are struggling to get raided enough to prestige them. Yesterday and the day before both of them had two long raids that never counted. Based on what I've seen on reddit and other places, more and more raiders are purposefully ALT+F4ing to avoid losing rank after dying a bunch. This is an exploit or a bug and has to be dealt with soon.

Note that sometimes the replay will show a death total but the stats of your base do not, its not always blanked out like this.

Add this to the cheating problem (I have videos with undeniable proof of blatant cheaters) and its becoming increasingly problematic to play as a builder.

• RicSimane
    RicSimane Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2023

Another example here. Coop players showing at my base. Replay says they died 0 times in 4 minutes, without successfully escaping

Actually they died 8 times

No new deaths recorded, no accolades, no nothing

It's my 4th attempt to prestige this outpost and I will never be able to do this if this bug keeps happening. I'm really sorry for those who have lost way more kills than just 8.

I wish I could contact those people and ask them if they exit the outpost normally or maybe they alt+f4 or closed the game any other way.

• Journalismist
    Journalismist Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

This is happening to me too.

• Seraphor
    edited April 2023

This is still happening, even though the patch stated a fix for game crashes, they still appear to be happening and deaths are still lost when they occur.

Additionally, I have had a raid that doesn't have any trace on my game at all. I had a message from another player on PSN saying they enjoyed my outpost, but I had no replay for that player. I asked them which outpost it was, and when I checked it, that outpost had no new raids or deaths. They did not forcequit the game or crash.

So there appear to be at least three issues here:

1. Raids have replays, but their stats/deaths/accolades aren't counted. This is signified by a replay with 0 deaths and no genmat collected. Presumably this is due to game crashes/force quits. (but not exclusively)
    2. The reverse also happens, you can get phantom raids and deaths in the outpost stats, with no replay to go with them. Presumably this is simply a failure of the replay system to record the footage.
    3. Both can occur at the same time, leaving absolutely no trace whatsoever, and you will never know you missed out on a raid unless the player happens to tell you about it. This is concerning when outposts are already being starved of attention and failing to make prestige. (I have one large outpost stuck on P5, several resets which have seen as many as 7 raids and as little as 2, have all failed to make the 575 prestige points required)
  • Digfish
    Digfish Member Posts: 140
    edited April 2023

Just happened to me again for the umpteenth time. These two died 19 times. And my prestige points are only at 20. I've had to reset this base so many times because it doesn't hit prestige and half the time it's because it isn't counting my kills for points.

• JulianoPS
    JulianoPS Member Posts: 2

Happens everytime... must be something really hard for them to fix. Suspended all my maps until it's fixed.

• cubanchris
    cubanchris Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 26

Stopped all my maps until its fixed. I wasted so much synthite uploading bases that didn't count kills. I have five bases at any given moment. I even re did two bases to make it easier before realizing its just an exploit people are using.

• L3goury
    L3goury Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

Same here. I didnt play game since 5 days right now.

Between constant crashes on PC and bugs about rewards as builder, its unplayable !!!

• Mcdazzlez
    Mcdazzlez Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

Its people cheating to preserve thier deaths or sometimes to punish people they think are building in a way they don't like. It's pathetic and they need to fix it. They just simply dashboard and poof all deaths not counted.