There should be negative accolades

StonedKnight
StonedKnight Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Title says it all, there should be negative accolades. Sometimes you finish a level and you just feel cheated and don't want to be cucked into praising the level after getting railed by it for 20 deaths. My proposal is there should be negative accolades , like if a level is super hard give it a accolade called "bullshit" rather than "brutal"

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited April 2023

Now I could definitely see the argument for using this in the cases of exploit use such as second wave corrosive cubes with incinerator death zones. Or when builders intentionally troll raiders with inaccessible forgotten tombs.

But when the outpost was just "too hard" and you died "too many times"... that just makes you sound like a sore loser.

You can abandoned an outpost you don't want to raid, if you find it too hard. But if you're already feeding it 20 kills, it's clearly got enough going for it to encourage you to keep trying.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    edited April 2023

can we give the raiders accolades in replay?

edit - greedily rubbing hands together

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oh yeah, nothing bad could come out of this...

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

you just feel cheated and don't want to be cucked into praising the level

Then don't leave any Accolades. I don't leave Accolades if the builder used the corrosive cube exploit or if they blocked off the Tombs. No one's forcing you to leave praise.

if a level is super hard give it a accolade called "bullshit" rather than "brutal"

Dude, don't be salty, just move on if it's beyond your skill level.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

There should never be anything that enforces negative behavior. Don't like an outpost? Abandon it and move on with your life. Don't like the outpost? Don't give it accolades.

• cubanchris
    cubanchris Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 26

As much as I would like to ######### on some of the maze bases I played. Never again. I think this would be too easy to abuse.

• Darkyan
    Darkyan Member Posts: 122

Makes a fun outpost -> Raider gets lost on a singular path because of his own incompetence -> Negative accolade -> Outpost was Large, now impossible to prestige -> Try not to cry -> Cry a lot.

Kindly leave the outpost, reroll it into something different, go get your fun into a different raid.

No need for negative accolades on a game that's based around making you hilariously frustrated.

• Zski
    Zski Member Posts: 1

Downside, they pile up. Currently at 5/5 awfully designed levels that are long walks followed by sixty laser boxes in a 360* kill zone on Gen grab with seven pistons on the only way out, or the like. Just insanely dumb, unfun experiences that I'm unhappy I'm forced to reward with genmat. I wish I could leave negative feedback so maybe people put more than 30s of thought into their Brutal designs and actually had to like, *design a level*, but I understand why we can't and it is ultimately better that way, probably.

I'd settle for just being able to reroll my options so I'm not locked out of an entire tier of difficulty, though. Then bad bases just starve, as they rightfully should.

• DirtyJanitor
    DirtyJanitor Member Posts: 20

Agree, give negative accolades for tomb griefers and crap like that.

• DirtyJanitor
    DirtyJanitor Member Posts: 20

Yeah there are definitely bases that deserve it haha like lets not be oblivious morons about this. Also an option to refresh should DEFINITELY be a thing and is kind of weird it's not aha

I can see salty people abusing negative accolades but there should definitely be punishment for wasting people's time and blocking resources for no reason...

At least let me refresh the list. Hah