Accolades for the raiders?

Options

Just as the title says - it would be nice to be able to give out accolades for people riding your outpost. Sometimes raiders show such good technique or persistence, or will to overcome that I wished I could complement them.

I think it's not only a nice thing to implement, but could also create an additional motivation for raiders.

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    Options

There is nothing i love more than seeing someone who struggled in my base finally complete it.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    Options

except maybe accidentally walking into an acid cube.

• Darkyan
    Darkyan Member Posts: 122
    Options

Love watching the replay and screaming to myself "YES! You dodged that trap that everyone died to"

Or "Noo, you saw my sneaky impaler, nice job"

+1

• DirtyJanitor
    DirtyJanitor Member Posts: 20
    Options

Was Just thinking this yesterday, I know builders watch replays of there work and would be nice to communicate in this way.

I give honest accolades whenever I have a lot of fun or think the raid was beautiful, they should really give the option to hand out more accolades.

It might be "Fun", "Artistic", AND "brutal"... but they force me to pick only 2.. why? Aha

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,691
    Options

I'll second this idea. I've watched a few replays where I've actively been cheering the player on. Sometimes they really struggle on something that I honestly didn't intend to be super hard and felt bad. It would be nice to give them some positive feedback. Though, I suppose they will have to be careful how it is implemented. A "good job" accolade when they really struggled might come off as condescending.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 106
    Options

I would tell all of the speedrunners that their replay was "fun" and "artistic" xD

• Ilya_Lizard
    Ilya_Lizard Member Posts: 26
    Options

Especially those speedrunners, who died ten (or more) times, while trying to do exactly the same thing in exactly the same room =)))

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    edited April 2023
    Options

As much as I'd like to be able to congratulate or cheer on some of the players who raid my outposts, accolades would make it feel like watching every single replay was essential. Who knows what fun replay's I'm missing out on? But even worse, who knows what fun replay's I'm missing out on that deserve accolades!?

Aint nobody got time for that.

I just like it when someone raids one of my more 'artistic' outposts, doesn't die because it's not at all hard, and then does a little camera pan and head nod before they leave. That's like a third accolade.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

It would be nice to give raiders some feedback along the lines of "I didn't realize that flaw existed" or "Your run helped me realize a way to improve this base"

• UnethicalOctopus
    UnethicalOctopus Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2023
    Options

Oh gawd, I can imagine the person eating popcorn as my ineffective gag reel of 50+ replays on a brutal map rolls on and on..

Can we call one of these accolades 'HE NEVER KNEW WHEN TO QUIT', please?

Rip Jim Varney, you are missed. (Unlike the trap that caught me 50+ times.)

• UnethicalOctopus
    UnethicalOctopus Member Posts: 27
    Options