The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can We Get A Disable All Outpost Button?

Dreamnomad
Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

Man, I'm getting tired of having to log into each outpost individually to turn them off at night. Simple stuff like this goes a long way to the games longevity.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

Having to disable each one individually would be fine if we could do it from the console. It's loading into the Outposts which is so annoying.

Activating and deactivating, collecting materials, those things should be doable without loading the Outposts. I don't know how such a big quality of life feature was left out; it makes for a very user unfriendly experience.

• worldnamer
    worldnamer Member Posts: 26

Why would you disable your outposts? Why not just let them run?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

Because night time has hardly any raiders. I'd rather have them active during the day when players are actually playing. It also makes synthite management easier. If you have a 9000 gen outpost (the only kind you should buy) then that means you have 24 hours of active outpost time. So you can effectively keep an outpost active for 2 days instead of one if you deactivate during the night. Which also means you need to earn less synthite to keep outposts online if you only need to prestige every other day.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

because we have annecdotal evidence showing that bases only get raids if you routinely go into them every 1-2 hours. as people sleep for 6-8 turning them off overnight is advisable.

• worldnamer

I definitely get raids overnight, usually from people who work odd shifts or are located in other countries. And I definitely get raids even though I don't hand clean every hour or two. I 100% respect that these things might get you more raids, and I respect if you do that micro to get more genmat or whatever. I just haven't thought about it super hard, so maybe that's a thing you might want to do but the last thing I wanna do is write a schedule for a level I designed.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

which is your prerogative ^.^ honestly it'd be nice if we could set times that we want specific maps to be active while we are away so we could set a rotation for our brutal maps over the course of a few days and take a break.

• worldnamer

Yeah, hey, if they add it, it's not like I'd be mad, I think more utility is generally a good thing. Just wasn't really thinking about the whole hourly updating my bases. I'm too lazy for that, but it makes sense. 😂