The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Decals & Traps

WraithReaper74
WraithReaper74 Member Posts: 45

We need to be able to place traps over top of decals (not the props). As pictured below, this is usually a dead give away that there will be a trap in that spot on the second wave. And as it stands, we as raiders can disregard any decals as having traps and walk by safely. Being able to place the trap over top with a second wave will make it more challenging.

Comments

• Beflap
    Beflap Member Posts: 8

I agree with this.

• MrJagermeister
    MrJagermeister Member Posts: 3

I agree — I think a big problem with the game as it is, is that we’re essentially forever raiding the exact same outpost over and over with how similar they look. (Yes, we’re getting another biosphere and some blocks/decals/props later this month, but if you want to create an outpost that leaves people guessing which blocks might be traps or holocubes, then you can’t put a decal or prop on them).

I think the best way to keep the game fresh is visual diversity — I don’t know why they haven’t just given us a dozen or two solid color decals that we could use to paint the blocks and props to prevent every outpost from looking the same. The hardest thing would be selecting two dozen shades of color. We should also be able to layer two decals in my opinion — as it is you can have a decal selected and hover over a block with a decal already on it and see what they would look like if both decals were layered on the block/prop, which would add a ton of new geometric shapes, color palettes, and unique looking blocks and props (especially by adding a box of 24 crayons that we could use to paint blocks/props).

You can see here the highlighted block that has a second decal layer over the primary decal layer that creates a unique geometric pattern. Being able to further tint and/or choose the colors of these decals or layer a solid colored decal over an existing decal to “paint” it would go a long way towards creating more unique looking outposts. And to OP’s point, we automatically know that any block with a decal/prop on it is not trapped on the first or second wave. It defeats the purpose of decorating outposts to make a creative experience when any block with a decal or prop is “safe” as the best thing to do is use solid concrete and not decorate at all (and you can see why this would be visually boring and lead to the death of the game as it actively works against the builder aspect of the game by making the decorating part of building useless).