Problems with the game

Hugo
Hugo Alpha Surveyor Posts: 142
edited June 2023 in Feedback

We all know that there are a lot of problems, but we also should know that not everything can or will be fixed the fastest if at all.

That is why I wanted to hear from you guys about the top 5 problems in mym based on your opinion. I would appreciate it if you could also say if you are a main raider or builder, or if you do both equally.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Karst
    Karst Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

I do a fair bit of both raiding and building. I came a bit late but have ~20 outposts and am top 500 raider right now.

1. Bases expiring.

2. Lack of base selection options for raiders.

3. Poor trap and weapon balance that lead to many bases feeling oppressive instead of enjoyable.

4. Not much to do in the game or reason to play besides inherent enjoyment.

5. Enormous number of bugs - not a single feature in the game works consistently.

The game is poorly designed top to bottom, but the gameplay is fun and filled with possibilities. Unless the team does a major 180 on their design philosophies and tightens up their code, I don't see the game being salvageable at this point.

• Polartest53
    Polartest53 Member Posts: 15

i would say using the same format as the guy above and not in any order

1. the difficulty system is pretty poor. can build some pretty tough levels in normal but also brutal is pretty inconsistent with brutal feeling like everything and anything can be there. would like a higher level or better system
    2. lack of end game things to work towards. i got everything i could by level 60 and by 80 i had 999+ on all hardware. it doesn't necessarily need to be end game stuff just something to spend all my extra points on.
    3. so far the lack of interesting mods being released as well as small drip updates. the mods we got so far dont really change the game much or change how they are used.
    4. restrictive building and lack of block shapes harvey is needed and all but i really wish he could jump a few blocks or climb a bit dosnt need to be anything crazy.
    5. the ranking system is pretty ass. either go full casual or make an actual rank system. not this chimera of kinda battle pass, kind of competitive ranked, kind of casual system. i want to know how good i am not how much more time i spent playing. but i do know it would be difficult to make one work well with how the game is structured this may be the best system it can have as of now.

i was at rank 15 for a bit. started at rank 77 but now im at rank 120 since i dont play as often anymore. pretty average builder much better at raiding. but i do have a few maps on social altho most are kinda same same. still enjoy the game for what it has though

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Here comes my list of things that need fixing, with no particular order:

1. crashes on entering the hub
    2. crashes during the loading screen when visiting one of my outposts
    3. crashes after a death
    4. crashes during the loading screen when raiding
    5. the lack of interesting mods

Point 5 is optional, but 1 to 4 are things that really matter to me.

Bonus Round: a button to activate/deactivate a base from the hub would be nice.

• MadameExotine
    MadameExotine Member Posts: 177
    edited June 2023

Biggest problem: Outposts Expiring!

It killed playing builder for me. Put 6+ hours into building an outpost, just to see it expire forever on P10 is motivation crushing. Current system has little love for builders who put thought/time into their outposts.

Additionally a player can easily get rank point/material equivalent playing raider for 15 minutes, instead of working on an outpost and putting it up for a prestige cycle.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

biggest issue, entitled players who only run free XP or loot maps because they don't want to actually play the game and just want things handed to them.

second issue, accolades are worthless.

third issue, arm shield needs a rework, too strong.

fourth issue, not enough geometric shapes in build mode to create unique situations

fifth issue, traps are locked to grid and can not be rotated to change their angles limiting threats to specific directions.

raider and builder. 700+ hours, top 100.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 109

Dreadshore is gonna let you re-activate level 10 outposts, though they will lose champion status when you do.

• TrashMammal
    TrashMammal Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 5

I want to second this post because it mentions my top problems with the game, that being the difficulty ratings being bogus and the weird mixture of casual and competitive mechanics in the game.

The difficulty issue arises because difficulty is so much more nuanced than simple trap count and density. This makes a very poor new player experience when a new player needs to grind brutals as fast as possible to get those upgrades and yes, many can be beaten with default loadout giving a false sense of difficulty. Bring on an actually difficult brutal level and you just frustrate players because they now have to quit and waste time to find a new brutal level that is easy. This is where you get the "impossible killbox" posts.

The other and even worse fundamental issue the game is designed around is the mixture of casual and competitive mechanics. The casual part being the "build cool looking stuff, raid cool looking stuff" part of the game and the competitive parts being the builder kills = resources, rank points, and prestige and better raider performance = quicker resource gain and rank points.

Why is there no ranked mode and creative mode? Creative mode so builders can just build. Give them a flat plot of land for dirt cheap and let them make amazing crap with or without Harvey path and give a creative raiding tab for raiders so they can play it. Give us a RANKED MODE which Is what gives us the resources. Jack up the bedrock and make it actually do something so people don't make the same thing every time and have to innovate. Matchmake to outposts based on current rank so people get an actual difficulty curve!

Last thing tho.... WHY NO OUTPOST LEADERBOARDS??? TOP TIMES, LEAST DEATHS, HAVE RAIDERS ABLE TO SEE THE REPLAYS OF TOP FINISHES??? SO THEY CAN LEARN??? ON GOD FR???? bruhhhh this game gon die hire me bhvr to save ur game thx for reading my novel *skull emoji*