Sentry Beams would be so much more fun if ...

Options
MadameExotine
MadameExotine Member Posts: 177

I've been experimenting with elaborate Sentry Beam set-ups with predetermined angles (ie. beam bounces a few time to hit a hologram cube behind/above raider which would let in guards from the back). It's soooooo satisfying when it works. But it is very inconsistent, due to how the tracking factor throws off beam trajectory 50%-75% of time.

I think having a mod for Sentry Beams, which would turn off tracking (or possibly just make them shoot in a straight line upon detection) would make for some very creative/fun set-ups.

It would also solve the problem with how easily Sentry Beams tend to destroy other traps and sometimes themselves due to tracking unpredictability.

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    Options

i'd like the ability to go into a sentry like a guard patrol, set a specific firing angle, and have it not move.

• chezpizza
    chezpizza Member Posts: 120
    Options

Personally I feel the best way to improve the beams change 2 things:

1. Increase the detection range (not the angle) by at least 1 or 1.5 blocks as this would help with the trigger delay of the trap. Thos traps radius of detection is slight better the plasma sentinel, by like half a block however it does take longer than plasma sentiel. As a raider I can comfortably shoot a beam before it even detects me.

2. Remove the Innate bounce and leave it as a trap enhancement. This may help with reduce the about of backfires.