The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Small QoL Request - Make the Harvester Rideable

poisonouschimp
poisonouschimp Member Posts: 7

In those bases with really long and confusing paths I would love if there was an option to sit on top of the harvester. You could make it so the grapple reels you all the way next to it and doesn't detach until you jump like normal grapple detach.

I always find myself trying to jump on top of it, but never works sadly. It would be so funny seeing replays of raiders riding your harvester and then get run up on by a warmonger or yanked off by a hookshot.

It would also be nice for those long path bases, after you cleared everything, it could be your victory ride out of the base. If I was an actual raider in the game world I would 100% do this, though I've also had thoughts of putting a saddle on my dogs and riding them like little horses too.

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

he is rideable inside your base. the harvester in the field is an enemy HRV. would you let your enemy ride on you?

• poisonouschimp
    poisonouschimp Member Posts: 7

Is he really rideable in your base? I've seen him but never tried doing it there. The harvester seems to be a robot, so I doubt it would recognize an enemy is riding on it. If anything the payload weight sensors would indicate a change and if that change hit or exceeded the extraction limit, it would return to the drop-off point rather than head to the genmat. Though, if I were designing an auto harvest robot, similar to a roomba, it would make more sense to add a container full sensor rather than payload sensor.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

the HRV is part mechanical, part flesh, much like the sub-clones that populate the guard roster.