The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ravagers got WRECKED!

Dreamnomad
Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Everything that made Ravagers strong got completely nerfed. The faster initial fire rate? Nerfed. The fire spread? Nerfed. The engage range and weapon range? Nerfed. I'm of the opinion that something needed to be changed. They were just too much better than the Enforcer. Now it is the opposite. There is no reason to use a Ravager over an Enforcer.

What I think they should do is make the Ravager be what it always supposed to be. The shotgun guard. Keep the range limits. That is fine. But the weapon spread needs to be increased. Keep the circular shape. But the current spread is so small as it is irrelevant. It should be increased by like 100%. Also revert the engage speed. Make it more dangerous at close range. They went from OP to trash.

Comments

• The_Todd
    The_Todd Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

Yeah I realy don't get the nerf hammer. I never had problems with these buggers and they where a nice addition. They couldn't even hit you if you did not move wich was kind of funny.

Now they have no purpose anymore. I would love to hear some insight from the devs what a Ravager is supposed to do what an Enforcer can not already do but better?

I really don't get it.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277

I completely agree, what's the point compared to an enforcer?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

It really feels like they don't seem to understand the purpose of their own guard. It's clearly intended to be the guy with a shotgun. What do shotguns do? They fire in a spread making them effective at close to mid range but ineffective at long range. Well, they got the ineffective at long range part down at least. Now let's work on the other part. The spread is insanely small. Like even at the max range where the shots disappear, the spread is like 1ft. They could easily double the spread distance.

They also increased the engage time from 1.5 to 2 seconds. I think the engage time before was pretty perfect honestly. When you walked around a corner and ran into one, that decreased reaction time is what really made them dangerous. Which again, close range is where they should be effective so that made sense. What I think they should do now is to reduce the reaction time from 2 seconds to 1.75 seconds and then give the Ravagers a unique mod "hair trigger" which reduced the reaction time by another .5 seconds. This would give the Ravagers the role they should have... close range guard. Hell, reduce the range another 4 meters if you want. Just make them good at what they are supposed to be good at.