The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lost thousands of Cells because I accidentally hit a button

TragicSolitude
TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

I have been saving Cells all season. That's reaching Master status and then after that reaching long beyond level 24 on the Expedition rewards track. That is a lot of levels, a lot of Cells. I accidentally hit the "Process advisors" button, and despite immediately closing the game the damage is done. Everything is max level, so the only thing evolving the Chimera does is grant Cells, and with Cells maxed out that means all that happened was I lost everything I'd been saving.

Either give a warning and ask "Are you sure?" before evolving the Chimera when Cells are maxed out, or raise the maximum number of Cells a player can have. Also, get rid of the big "Evolve the Chimera" notification that constantly pops up when all hitting that button will do is lose progress.

I already lose the vast majority of Cells I have to accept on the Expedition map. Why is there nothing in place to prevent such a simple accident from eating what was probably at least a hundred hours of progress?

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

I hear you but if you are sitting at 100,000 cells then you really don't have anything to worry about in terms of losing some. Even when the next section drops and you unlock everything you'll be at around 75,000 cells give or take. Then you won't have anything to spend cells on for a few months and you'll be back up to 100k cells after a couple weeks with nothing to spend them on.

• TragicSolitude

That's true right now, but we never know what might change given it's a live service game. And whether or not it's needed, it's frustrating to bank something for months and then have it gone in the blink of an eye. Even the silly free gacha DMM game I play asks "Are you sure?" before I do something that would give me points when I'm maxed out and would lose said points. Those points will refill on their own in a matter of hours, but it's good design and provides a better player experience.

Also, I really really would like to get rid of the "Evolve the Chimera" notification that sits in the corner of the screen constantly and refuses to go away.

• SAWII
    SAWII Member Posts: 92

No disrespect, but how is this an accidental misclick? It’s not like you’re prompted by the game as soon as you enter sanctuary. It’s not like a series of mindless mashing buttons led to inadvertently pressing the button. You have to walk all the way over to the chimera to do so. She’s in the far left corner of the room from where you enter, well past the raid selection console. So…… why did you walk over there? It’s like that meme of the guy on a bicycle jamming a stick in between the spokes of his wheels. You did this to yourself.

• TragicSolitude

I was trying to look at the challenges. The screen kept hanging on "fetching data" when I pressed the "up" key on the controller, I had to restart the game each time to get it unstuck, so I went to go see if I'd have a different result when bringing the screen up by talking to the Chimera. The console thing with the button and the Chimera are right next to each other. All it takes is having the camera turned slightly the wrong way.