The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I Should be Able to Do This

Marcus_Soul
Marcus_Soul Member Posts: 25
edited November 2023 in Feedback

In this image (which was painstakingly screenshot from my PS5) there's an impaler to the left built into a slope, a block in the middle, and a slope to the right. The impaler is showing its damage area. When I try to build another to the right (again, not the middle block, which the picture appears to have stopped on) it says space contains a trap, even though if you look at the left impaler, its damage area would never touch the damage area of the right one; I COULD see the edges of each damage area touching, but never overlap, which I was assuming was the big no-no when placing traps.

Looking at the picture, you would think it would be allowed to put two impalers that far apart, but it's not allowed. I tried putting one on one wall, got the error on the other, no matter which one I put up first.

Moreover, this restriction seems contradictive and betrays whatever rule is in place that governs trap adjacency rules when you think about how a boltshot and an impaler can be placed 90 degrees from each other with no restriction or limitation whatsoever...

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

They actually do overlap. If you push L2 and press triangle while targeting a trap, you will see a highlight of the traps effected area. You would be able to clearly see them overlap if you did that. In that situation just use a boltshot instead of an impaler.

• SAWII
    SAWII Member Posts: 92

This is intended behavior and does not betray the rules. You can’t put more than one impaler or piston in a block’s space because the trap itself extends out and takes up that space; there is only room for one to activate. You can put 4 bolt shots or claws all facing each other in one cube because the traps do not extend, indeed they remain flat and they fire projectiles.