The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Continuous acid Corridors. Time Wasting

DELEX
DELEX Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 15

Getting sick and tired of loading maps with long continuous acid corridors. I find it to be cheep unfair and not fun. Also im on ps4 so it takes time to load into a level and then time to quit the level and finally more time to load a new level in the hopes its not as crap as the level that was just quit but sadly theres a good chance it will be.

The abandon map button should be accessible at all times without having to load the level first.

Comments

• MythicMikeneto
    MythicMikeneto Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2023

I really want to support 'The abandon button should be accessible at all times' but I just can't. Here is why:

If raiders could abandon an outpost wiyhout even trying it/loading it, many outpost would get dumped based on advisor intel alone.

Now this would save time for the raider sure, but only results in builders not getting raids and not knowing why, then whining 'I get no raids. My builds are great, makes no sense. Must be the game not working right, fix it!'

Yeah, everyone should know trap spam (or any kind really) is annoying and not appreciated in any way; but for anyone not plugged into reddit, the discord servers, or here, they really could have zero clue the impact their building spam is having on people.

I recently ecouraged raiders to 'walk out' during a replay if they dont like the build. Walking out is excatly what it sounds like, once you see the build is something you despise you about-face walk back to the landing pad and abandon. It sends a very clear message to the builder, 'I dont like this and I am not even gonna try.' It obvious and intentional and leaves very little room for 'maybe they disconnected, or maybe they just rage quit, or whatever.' It also helps you as a raider start to quanitfy how much stuff you really have no tolerance for versus what you might be willing to try.

A 'walk-out' makes for a very dissatisfying replay and really sets the builders mind into, 'What did I do wrong? Why did they not even want to try?" Which are some of the best questions a builder can ask themselves to cause them to stop only thinking about what the build will do for the builder, and instead start thinking about what the build will do for the raider (if even only for a moment)

So yeah, in my opinion, raiders need to take the time to load in and look at an outpost be for abandoning, if only to make a statement to the builder and not just leave them guessing at why they get no raids.

Post edited by MythicMikeneto on
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

The acid corridor maps or just any garbage map in general, I'd advise blocking the builder. This is a relatively small community so if you block enough bad builders then eventually you'll get mostly maps you like or at the very least can tolerate. I probably have 200 people on my block list and I feel like it has definitely had a good impact on the quality of maps I get.

• DELEX

I didn't know that blocking someone would block there maps as well thats handy but its something im only gunna use on the worst of the worst as i know a lot of people will get better in time but thank you for the tip much appreciated.

As for walking out of maps back to the start i do something similar ill just shack my characters head left and right to signal no im not doing this before quitting.

• MythicMikeneto
    MythicMikeneto Member Posts: 69

200?! Wow. According to some, you have blocked more people than the entire games current population.

I try to sweep our my block list regularly. This is in line with DELEX's thought that over time people may improve.

There are a few names that live there permanently for reasons other than build techniques.

• Dreamnomad

I haven't exactly counted them. But yeah, probably in that neighborhood. I don't have any issues finding outposts to raid or having players raid my outposts. I acknowledge that players change their build style over time. Generally, I'm much more forgiving towards lower level players since they are still learning. If someone comes along and builds a good reputation then I'll gladly take them off my block list. But from my experience, blocking builders who build trashy maps has increased the quality of maps I come across.

• Dreamnomad

Blocking someone is very powerful in this game. Basically, it erases their existence. You won't see that players maps and they won't see your maps. They can't see replays of you in their maps either. For an intents and purposes, they just don't exist for you anymore.

• DELEX

Thanks for the replys everyone. Im looking forward to the dlc in 2 weeks. Hope it changes how people make maps some.

• Dreamnomad

Next sector isn't necessarily in two weeks. They only stated that their goal is to have it released in December. They haven't given a date yet.

• Cyba_Zero
    Cyba_Zero Member Posts: 23

Also the trouble with players potentially not raiding based on advisor intel alone is that the advisor intel only gives type of trap/how many, not how it is used. The thing about corrosives particularly is that they are very multi-purpose: could be spontaneous spam, could be a meta killbox, could be a whole load of splitters/DMS disguised as architecture, could be tonnes of pit-traps, could be a pretty volcano aesthetic, could be a parkour base...

• Cyba_Zero
    Cyba_Zero Member Posts: 23

The thing about advisor intel is also that it doesn't tell you how the corrosives have been used, and they happen to be a very versatile trap. Also those CCs could be anything, be it drippy spam or a meta killbox to cool stuff like an aesthetic volcano or parkour bases - or just a whole load of splitters, DMS drops and pit-traps.

• xIx_ZeNo_xIx
    xIx_ZeNo_xIx Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2023

I've been finding hopping through and sticking to the sides of the CC Hallways actually helpful, you just have to be precise when shooting down traps ahead down the path.

I've been trying to experiment with my own CC base and I've been seeing people just hopping the entirety of it with barely even 2 deaths. I may not have as much put into mine as others but I'm also not trying to copy anyone's base either.

The point I'm trying to make here you can get past the frame rate as long you don't try to speed run as much. I've also found that frame rate drop usually only happens when 2nd wave traps are spammed near the Genmats. It feels like the further away the 2nd wave traps from Genmats the less frame ratey.

Post edited by xIx_ZeNo_xIx on