The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Trap Idea

DELEX
DELEX Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 15
edited November 2023 in Feedback

Electric Beam Trap would need to place 2 things instead of 1.That being node A and node B.Then an electric beam from A to B nodes would happen every 3sec for 0.5sec.

It go's without saying that a trap like this would need to be heavily balanced like not allowing the beam to travel down the path you have to walk but instead go from side to side or no more than 2 in the same 3x3x3 area.Or something like that.

Post edited by Koloko on

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

Interesting idea. This should be in the feedback section though. A lot of forums, the feedback section is largely ignored so players get in the habit of posting everything in the general section but in this game the feedback section is actually busier than the general discussion.

• DELEX

Sorry if this thread is posted in the wrong place. I've not used a forum since school and on top of that im using my ps4's Internet browser. Can a Mod/Admin please move this over to the right place.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,847

I think it would be pretty cool if you could daisy chain the electric probes together. Then the electricity could travel along a path or maybe with a mod travel in an unpredictable manner. Maybe each node costs 25 capacity and if the raider destroys one node then the trap will only work if the remaining nodes are within a certain distance of each other. I really could see this being implemented in the future.

• DELEX

Dreamnomad12:34 am

I think it would be pretty cool if you could daisy chain the electric probes together. Then the electricity could travel along a path or maybe with a mod travel in an unpredictable manner. Maybe each node costs 25 capacity and if the raider destroys one node then the trap will only work if the remaining nodes are within a certain distance of each other. I really could see this being implemented in the future.

Yea like a grid system so the more nodes connected to it the lower the voltage maybe. So less nodes the more deadly.

• xIx_ZeNo_xIx
    xIx_ZeNo_xIx Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2023

How would the trap work as in stopping or killing the raider(s)? Could you describe what it might look like when it activates/triggers? Also, should it be a cube like the plasma coil or a wall/floor/ceiling trap?

Actually though, if you wanted to be a trap, wouldn't you want it to be hidden until the raider crosses it path? I mean you don't have to hide them either but, wouldn't it be more effective if instead, it zaps the raider instantly as soon as it charges up for however many seconds depending on the amount of nodes connected, as long as the raider doesn't destroy em all beforehand?

I'd say probably at that point anyways, I agree with the less nodes more deadly comment. Just put 1 on each side of the path behind holocubes facing each other so they only have to charge up for .5sec or 1sec. When the raider crosses and make the holocubes go they have to make a quick decision.

Post edited by xIx_ZeNo_xIx on
  • eyedeeoneohtee
    eyedeeoneohtee Member Posts: 34

One way I could see it working would be if you placed down a generator and then you could place down a bunch of tiles as long as they have an unbroken path back to the generator. The tiles would be indestructible and would electrify at regular intervals, but if you destroy the generator then the tiles become inert. Might be overpowered like that, though.

• DELEX

xIx_ZeNo_xIx3:12 am

https://forums.bhvr.com/meet-your-maker/discussion/397879/new-trap-idea

How would the trap work as in stopping or killing the raider(s)? Could you describe what it might look like when it activates/triggers? Also, should it be a cube like the plasma coil or a wall/floor/ceiling trap?

Actually though, if you wanted to be a trap, wouldn't you want it to be hidden until the raider crosses it path? I mean you don't have to hide them either but, wouldn't it be more effective if instead, it zaps the raider instantly as soon as it charges up for however many seconds depending on the amount of nodes connected, as long as the raider doesn't destroy em all beforehand?

I'd say probably at that point anyways, I agree with the less nodes more deadly comment. Just put 1 on each side of the path behind holocubes facing each other so they only have to charge up for .5sec or 1sec. When the raider crosses and make the holocubes go they have to make a quick decision.

To kill the player it would electrify you direct contact with the player would do it but its all just guess work with an idea like this

• xIx_ZeNo_xIx
    xIx_ZeNo_xIx Member Posts: 27

What if the bolt of electricity instantly streams across horizontally or vertically depending the angles and clear sight of the nodes facing eachother, after a normal charge rate of 1sec of activation to force the raider to have to peek the corners to shoot them down.

Then we can alter how the trap works with upgrades/mods

Like faster charge rate for only half damage and could set another separate pair of connected nodes past the first pair, or even make mod that allows the trap to fire off 2 times in a row with 0.5secs between each zap. That or leave the finishing blow to a different trap afterwards.

I could see this kind of trap combo well with CC's a lot as well as plasma coils. As long as they are cleverly placed behind holocubes or even corner platform blocks.