Editing Outposts shouldn't require dismantling

TragicSolitude
TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,684

There's no easy way to edit an Outpost. Want to replace some wall blocks with a new block type? You have to delete them and create new blocks. Want to rotate a cube after it's been placed? You have to delete it and replace it.

If there's a way to select multiple cubes/traps on PS4, I haven't found it. I'd like to rearrange my Outpost to move some trap setups to be later and others earlier, so I will have to do a lot of time-consuming dismantling and recreating if I decide to go through with the changes.

This doesn't even take into account the fact that if I make the changes and then don't like them, I have to manually rearrange everything to get it back to the way it was before. There are no saves to revert to, no snapshots to preserve previous versions.

Comments

• MythicMikeneto
    MythicMikeneto Member Posts: 69

I there is the undo/redo, but it only holds one step; and copy, but again only copies 1 thing.

I too would like to see a 'swap' or 'change' option. It would be amazing to be able to modify an existing block for another or take and existing blkck and morph it into a different shape.

Dragging an existing block or group of block would be cool too, but may be difficult to create with the interface.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,684

and copy, but again only copies 1 thing.

Yeah, I do that one a lot by accident when I mean to place something but push the wrong button.