Material drops were a mistake

TragicSolitude
TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,678

I am so tired of my Synthite falling through the floor and getting stuck inside solid cubes. Material drops are unreachable ridiculously often.

Was this taken into consideration when the drop rates were decided? Whether it's because there are Corrosive Cubes under every trap, Corrosive Cubes under the Tombs, or just bad collision that allows the material to fall through solid objects, it feels like a lot of Synthite goes uncollected.

Not to mention the terrible RNG that causes some of the Tomb drops to be 90-100% Parts. Why even bother with Tombs, then?

Comments

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,131

corrosive cubes are only a problem if you don't have either a phoenix pod or a clear way to get through them by grappling through it. shield also helps.

the falling through the collision meshes of other objects though is very obnoxious.

the biggest issue i have with it is the blatant blocking off of forbidden tombs that some builders do. not sure why they do it unless it's just to troll raiders. i personally don't see the point.

to that extent... i think there should be a slight area of effect in regards to pickup. where you don't have to make direct contact with the drops. maybe eventually there can be a custodian with that specific gameplay in mind, but for now there needs to be an extended range for currency pickups.

• TragicSolitude
    edited April 2023

corrosive cubes are only a problem if you don't have either a phoenix pod or a clear way to get through them by grappling through it. shield also helps.

Sometimes I pick the materials up with a shield, but with how often I get kind of stuck and can't move for a second or two it's too dangerous to do unless I can literally take a step forward and then right back out. If it's multiple cubes, if there's a drop, if there's a sloped floor in the way, it's just too likely to end in death.

the biggest issue i have with it is the blatant blocking off of forbidden tombs that some builders do. not sure why they do it unless it's just to troll raiders. i personally don't see the point.

I think it is to troll. Or maybe they just really don't like getting Accolades.

I don't see Tombs blocked very often. Sometimes the loot is trapped. When it comes to Corrosive Cubes, mostly the annoyance comes from watching over and over again as each material drop from destroyed traps falls into the lake of death under it. That gets really old while raiding an Outpost.

there needs to be an extended range for currency pickups.

Yeah, there really does. Having to directly touch materials to pick them up doesn't work when the collision is so busted. I can't stand seeing this one more time:

I guess all the cubes are hollow and can end up with materials stuck inside them, but the window cubes taunt me with it.

• Darkyan
    Darkyan Member Posts: 122

Wait doesn't the game pick up every dropped currency and give it to you when you return to the lobby?

I know building modes does it, so i just stopped caring about both drops and my currency is just kinda rising on its own.

Honest question, I'm totally not paying attention to drops anymore

• TragicSolitude

I tested that once, and it did not seem to auto-collect the materials when raiding. At least, it displayed me as having collected nothing on the end screen.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,706

You definitely have to pick it up when raiding.

I raided one outpost today where they signposted you to the tombs, but had them blocked up. I still managed to whack the corner of it, but all the loot was trapped in an impenetrable cube of windows.

Apart from that it was a tiny outpost with a poor attempt at a killbox so I grabbed the genmat and left.

I left the raid with nothing.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

builders get all their materials when they leave an outpost with some left, i think raiders deserve the same. it would be a way to get back at tomb blockers too.