Highlighted Outposts / Outpost Hall of Fame

Dreamnomad
Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,591

I've been thinking it would be great if particularly amazing outposts could be archived and permanently accessible to the community. An outpost hall of fame so to speak. The way I would do it is to create an additional button when given the option to give accolades. The new button would be something like "Nominate". Raiders would be restricted to only being able to nominate one outpost per day. If a raider really wants to nominate additional outpost in a given day then it would cost resources.

Then each month the game devs would review the outposts with the largest number of nominations and select a small number of them to add to the highlighted outpost section. Players could raid those outposts as many times as they want, but they will only be able to get the gen mat a single time. The outpost builder would gain some kind of bonus in terms of resources as well as the honor and fame of having their name attached to an outpost that is permanently part of the game.

I think everyone wins with a system like this. Builders gain a source of inspiration as well as an awesome goal to achieve. Raiders have a place to raid some very inspired and amazing outposts. The game devs have an additional tool to interact with the community as well as an additional draw to the game.

Comments