Making outpost difficulty reliable

Ophanon
Ophanon Member Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in Feedback

There is a couple of ways to approach this but first the issue im having with it. I like to build on small plots and generally try to build in normal or dangerous, however on several occasions after making a normal base i come back hours later to see its progress, only to find out that it has been bumped up to dangerous. Same with dangerous getting bumped to brutal. Also trying to build normal bases makes the increased blocks from prestige basically useless.

To combat this there are a couple of solutions ive thought of. 1 you could separate block limit and trap block limit and/or set the difficulty of the base when entering to build, limiting the traps from the start and giving a clear indication of how much you can spend on traps for the given difficulty. 2 you could directly connect the plot sizes to the difficulty of the base so if you wanted to make a brutal you would have to buy a large plot giving more blocks and so on. Or 3 some combination of both and maybe other stuff i havent thought of.

Its just not fun when you place all your traps and you are in the category you want, then go to do cosmetics with some blocks, and the base randomly jumps in difficulty. Side note if validation runs were required we would see a lot less 2nd wave kill boxes.

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

before exiting a map but after placing your last guard or trap. remove and replace 1 regular block, wait for re-calculation.

behavior has gone on record that builder validation will not be added, and you don't want to have to run your entire base every time you edit one patrol route, or one block either, so stop asking EVERY OTHER PLAYER to do that, we already spend hours building and testing angles.

Do you make a habit of posting maps that you can't beat?

• Ophanon
    Ophanon Member Posts: 3

i didnt know that they have said it wont be a thing. i never thought of having to re validate every time a slight change was made that is a good point. However none of what i was really talking about you addressed. I dont make lame 2nd wave kill boxes and every map ive posted id be able to beat without a problem. Again i build normal and dangerous, however when i raid i usually do dangerous or brutal. The game re-calculates every time you place anything so whats the difference between placing the last trap or a block? You came in here hot and bothered for no reason when this is a feedback forum to move the game in positive directions.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

"however on several occasions after making a normal base i come back hours later to see its progress, only to find out that it has been bumped up to dangerous."

"Its just not fun when you place all your traps and you are in the category you want, then go to do cosmetics with some blocks, and the base randomly jumps in difficulty."

"before exiting a map but after placing your last guard or trap. remove and replace 1 regular block, wait for re-calculation."

yes i did. you ignored it.

"Side note if validation runs were required we would see a lot less 2nd wave kill boxes."

i also replied to this

"behavior has gone on record that builder validation will not be added, and you don't want to have to run your entire base every time you edit one patrol route, or one block either, so stop asking EVERY OTHER PLAYER to do that, we already spend hours building and testing angles."

then i followed up with my own thought because anyone who suggests validation obviously thinks people post bases they can't beat more often than bases that they can.

"Do you make a habit of posting maps that you can't beat?"

unless you are some kind of outlier in data, you can usually consider yourself part of the average dataset. meaning if you don't do it, most others probably don't either. people who cause problems are usually FAR FEWER than those who don't. so if you don't post maps that you can't beat, why do you think other people do?