Impaler Trap Mod: Spikes Always On

CcPicci
CcPicci Member Posts: 32

It should be an interesting alternative to fall upon instead of holocubes or just a gameplay alternative and cosmetic solutions for burrows and holes.

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,591

Feels like that takes the same design space as the acid cubes but from one direction only. Which I don't hate btw. The advantage is it's instant death whereas acid cubes you have time to jump or whatever after touching but the downside is it would be much more expensive. Impalers already cost twice as much as cubes already. The mod could be priced at 5 and still be pricey by comparison. I'd be fine with them adding this to the game. There are times where this would see play. Good suggestion.

• CcPicci

Thanks. The major cost of the Impaler is perfect for not abuse the use of this mod.

• Darkyan
    Darkyan Member Posts: 122

"Major" cost?

Literally one of the cheapest kill trap in the game,

As the king of pitfall trap (Self proclaimed** ) y'all are gonna hate ground holocubes if this mod is a thing. You're gonna have to count your steps ahah.

• CcPicci

Actually I've thinked about a non hideable trap 'cause is an always on trap. So RIP holocubes for It.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,706
    edited May 2023

I don't think so. It's essentially an instant corrosive cube, but for 55 cost instead of 15.

You already have plenty of time to hop out of the way of a disintegrating holocube. You can leap out before you ever touch the spikes. More often than not, when I fall into a corrosive/holocube trap, I never touch the corrosive at all.

Basically an 'always-on' Impaler + Holocube (65 capacity) almost like-for-like replaces the function of a single corrosive cube, but hidden until you touch it. The time it takes you to fall through the holocube space and hit the spikes, is comparable to the time it takes you to die by moving through a corrosive cube.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to make trap combos like this be more deadly and require faster reflexes. Once you die to it once, it's virtually useless as you know to expect it on subsequent runs.

• MythicMikeneto
    MythicMikeneto Member Posts: 69

I have used death pistions in the same way.

I helped cut down on the number of cubes for intel during the post gen mat corr cube exploit.

If their feet touch the exteded piston they die.

Blockade for more up time and the 'touch it and die' mod for running into from the side.