How to basically guarantee raids

Kharel
Kharel Alpha Surveyor Posts: 21

Some other users (MiniWall, Ohm_Is_Futile) and I on the community Discord did some research and put our results together, and the result is that we figured out how to nearly guarantee raids: once per hour, enter build mode on each of your active outposts, then leave the outpost.

That's really all there is to it; you get a massive visibility boost for your outpost for at least an hour (though it seems to cap out at 2 hours max). I published a brief video talking about the topic here:

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Capped out on Cells and Parts while still only having 4k Synth...

If this isn´t a issue, then i don´t know what is.

Anyway, good video.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

i've also recognized this trend but i thought it had to do with keeping your uncleaned raid count low. same outcome, different conclusion

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,710

I imagine it has to do with the whole "promoting outposts with fewer raids thing". As you get raided, your outpost becomes lower priority, and re-entering resets it to zero.

• Kharel

To be fair, not long before this video I did buy a chunk of 20 or so plots. Previously I was sitting at 20k synthite, but it's still my limiting resource by a huge margin. The outposts almost maintain themselves, but not quite. I do have to do a batch of brutals once every couple of days in order to keep 5 outposts alive (plus I just enjoy doing some occasional raiding).

This is entirely possible as well, but most of the people involved in collecting data noticed a hard cutoff of the time raiders started after 1 hour of active raids if they got raids during that timeframe, or 2 hours if they didn't get raids in the first hour (though the vast majority of people got several raids in the first hour). Very, very few raids were observed past the 2 hour mark for any participants.

This is quite likely, and as I mentioned in the video may be a result of the change they made to promote outposts that weren't getting frequent raids.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,592

You make it sound like such a small thing to do. That is actually a massive commitment to your time. Even if you are relatively quick, that's like 10 minutes out of each hour.

• MadMoeZel
    edited May 2023

and it means if you aren't active and your outposts are they're burning time for minimal passive value.

edit - more and more this is sounding like "deactivate your bases if you aren't online"

• Seraphor

The last few days, I've had my 24hr outposts running constantly, 'refreshing' them twice, maybe three times in that period. That's been more than enouh to guarantee surplus prestige points. So you don't need to do it every hour, twice a day should be fine. If you won't be able to get on twice the next day just take it offline.

• Kharel

Yeah, it's not great. I'm not a fan of the system as designed, for sure.

Yep, this is what I've found. Fortunately a couple of passes of this is generally enough to prestige any given base, as Seraphor noted here:

In my experience doing the enter/exit trick 2-3 times per prestige level is enough to nearly guarantee a base reaching P10 if it's at all reasonable.

• Dreamnomad

"De-activating and re-activating your Outpost will no longer affect your Outpost’s Matchmaking priority."

This was from update today. Looks like this particular trick won't work anymore.

• Darkyan
    Darkyan Member Posts: 122

You got there before me cx

Glad this isn't a thing anymore though. What an annoying mecanic it would be to maintain an average of visits.

• Dreamnomad

Yeah, honestly I'm glad about this change. Now if they would just make it so you could do all your activating/deactivating outposts from the command console then managing bases would be great.

• MadMoeZel

i prefered that those who kept their floors clean got more raids. it meant that the more active you were the more content you experienced. time to figure out how the NEW matchmaking setup works, sigh i was getting over 70 raids a day on the old system.

• Seraphor

Makes sense. 1. you shouldn't be pressured to have to log in multiple times a day for a basic function of the game, and 2. more raids for the regular cleaners means fewer raids for others.

Still, being subject to the whims of RNG and going back to 1-4 raids per 24 hours is going to be sad. Luckily the prestige requirements have been decimated.

• momolepro48
    momolepro48 Member Posts: 28

Juste make a nice artistic picture garantee raids... For brutal too

• MadMoeZel

WARNING - THE INFORMATION ABOVE THIS RELATED TO MATCHMAKING IS OUTDATED, NEW INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED AS ACQUIRED, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• Dreamnomad

Okay, well, I'm not a fan of the new system at all. It's like you get one hour of active raids and then you will get zero raids afterwards. It's like you seriously might as well just prestige your outpost after it's been online for 2 hours because you aren't getting any raids afterwards. At least that way you get the bonus 15% gen mat. How hard is it to make a system where once you get a raid you go to the bottom of the queue and then your outpost waits to climb back up the queue until you get a raid again?

• Nahasno
    Nahasno Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 48

The problem is that the comunity has to want to raid and that seems to be a problem - most seem to primarily want to build and have raids - but just go on as few and fast/easy raids as necessary to get the mats for building. I have momentary no outpost in the lower difficulty brackets but my dangerous and brutal outpost wich are all rank 5 or higher have the same problem as you describe one hour of active raids between 1-5 raids and then the rest of the duration nothing it doen't matter how much i raid. But if there are many more maps in those brackets which aren't played as much, like brutal for example, then even that system you suggested would not generate enough raids because there are just to many maps for to many raiders.

• MadMoeZel
    edited May 2023

i still get at least 75% of my raids on XP maps, my art maps are seeing slightly higher activity since i've introduced negative stimuli XP maps, brutal champions are still pretty low but i expect that and don't mind it cause the people who actually do them are wonderful to watch.

but yes, total raid count for me has gone down significantly i'm down to around 20-30 a day from 70-90

edit - even the builder mains like myself raid a bunch, the issue is that we do most of it in social. we're all in the twitch community hopping from stream to stream and sharing our maps, playing eachothers. we are out of the live rosters because they aren't as enjoyable as interacting with the makers and runners in real time. most of my live raiding is in co-op helping a newer player.

• Nahasno
    Nahasno Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 48

That was what i thought from the begining that social will have a tendency to grab players out of the rotation because those maps are "proofed" and can be discussed and enjoyed without this progress hickhack.

I have two maps big brutal /small dangerous under my name in social, there will be all my ranked up maps after rotation a third(medium brutal) will join them today. They are just getting dusty atm. because i not very active in twich or else and have no reach, so maybe somebody wants to give them a try? Constructive feedback is always welcome. :)

• MadMoeZel

we're raiding socials because the brutals in live are cakewalk easy because all the hard maps are punished by the main player base. socials are the only place people stop hitting the brakes.

• MadMoeZel

new data -

slept for 10 hours, woke up to 20 raids across 5 maps, 2 maps were completely ignored, all 20 raids went to 3 maps in normal tagged XP on the picture. dragon art build in normal ignored, brutal champion ignored.

• Dreamnomad

So it's been a few days now and I've consistently had the same results. Raid activity on an outpost for exactly one hour and then absolutely nothing. Now I'm experimenting trying to figure out how much time you need to have the outpost inactive before you can get one hour of activity again. I haven't dialed that in yet, but I do know that a certain amount of downtime will trigger that active raid time again. I think it's either 24 or 48 hours. If this turns out to be true then the optimal strategy to have active raids is to have tons of outposts then you can rotate them out after an hour or so then wait the required downtime before activating again.

• MadMoeZel

i'd be fine with that being the case. please do keep us updated. i've noticed higher raids right after i prestige a base

• Dreamnomad

My results have been inconsistent so far and I'm not sure what the variables causing the difference are. I have on multiple occasions now been able to get a surge of raiders on the same outpost without prestiging the outpost. I don't think downtime is the only variable though. The strategy I'm going to try this week is to only activate outposts on Wednesday and Saturday.

• Tsulan

There was a dev post on reddit saying that they are aware that there is an issue with the matchmaking. So it might be just that. Another bug.

• MadMoeZel

we love seeing the news about the game not being posted on the forum dedicated to the game. it's our favorite!

• Tsulan

Yeah, communication is really an issue. Especially since the DbD Twitter account is linked to the main DbD Forum page. But here it just seems like everything is done separetely. New information is scattered on different platforms for no apparent reason.