Would You Be Willing To Reduce The Maximum Number Of Active Outposts For More Raiders?

Dreamnomad
Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,591

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. There is a fundamental problem with the game. There just aren't enough raiders for the active outposts. They've been trying to solve the problem but the results have only gotten worse. The current situation is not working for anyone. Getting a whopping hour worth of raiding for each prestige level just isn't fun.

I have thought of a couple of solutions but I think the simplest is just to reduce the quantity of outposts at any given time. If players could only have 2 or maybe 3 active outposts then there would be more raiders to divide amongst the active outposts resulting in more raids per outpost. Personally, that is a sacrifice I'd be willing to make. Where do you all stand?

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,681

I think players should be able to have one or two active Outposts, and then one "Legendary" Outpost that's past P10 (too many Builders are discouraged by the fact that after P10 Outposts can only be Social, which is basically like being retired, and if Builders are discouraged then the quality of bases declines). That's it.

The current system is sucking the life out of people. My friend likes to put a lot of effort into building Outposts, but he refuses to activate those anymore because of how few Raiders he's getting. Instead, he slaps together something quick and easy for some passive GenMat and whatever resources might drop from the random kill. I raid a lot, and the vast majority of bases I go to are quick garbage, which suggests very few players feel it's worthwhile to put effort into designing a good Outpost anymore.

• Dreamnomad

You and your friend are right. The current system it just isn't worth the time and effort to build a proper outpost when they get so little active raid time. I would be good with 2 regular plus one legendary outpost active at a time. I would even be good with some kind of restriction like each legendary outpost can only be recharged once every week or two. That way you would have to at least cycle through legendary outposts.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

i just don't bother doing anything decent in live because i've seen the evidence that players avoid art and challenge builds. why put in the effort if they're actively not playing them?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,707

I agree with this.

One active outpost at any time, but P10's are exempt for their final run.

• Fugue_State
    Fugue_State Member Posts: 9

I'm a builder at heart, and seeing my outposts that I put 10+ hours worth of effort into designing artful interiors and exteriors, with thoughtfully placed traps to offer challenge and difficulty but most importantly fun for the raider, getting maybe 30-50 raids in their entire lifetime is incredibly disheartening. I would happily accept having fewer active outposts if it meant more raids per outpost. And I especially love the idea of legendary outposts that you could activate past P10. I think your idea of only being able to activate a legendary every 1-2 weeks would be a pretty good compromise, and if BHVR introduced extra rewards for tackling a legendary outpost it could reward raiders too (although honestly, the extra rewards might not be necessary).

• momolepro48
    momolepro48 Member Posts: 28

Before the update only the casual "afk" players dosent got a lot of attack but now everybody have 2 3 attack per level its a shame!! How to destroy a ######### good game in 1 update

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262

Agreed. I read your post earlier today but I wanted to give it some thought. I spend a lot of synthite to ensure that I get max duration outpost but after the first couple of hours they just aren't raided. Frankly, I don't see any other way. A reduction from 5 to 2 active outposts is probably the way to go.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

this problem is self resolving. synthite stockpile will run low on people running 5 outposts if they aren't getting raids. they won't be able to afford holding all 5 up. then they will either lower their map count, or raid more to get the synthite required, increasing the raid counts for others.

• Dreamnomad

It is self evident that this is not true. If what you said was the case then there wouldn't be an issue with having enough raiders per outpost.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

I'm ok with lower maximum but it does nothing bc I have nothing to cut in my case. I have only one (two max) outposts already. And, probably, will be able to add third (mastered) one.

And I doubt it does anything at all. It forces people with 3-4-5 active outposts to stop and loose their raids for more raids on other one/two outposts, right, smth could be saved here. But those people were raiding a lot to keep their 5 outposts active and now they don't. So spherical builder in vacuum gets several raids from lowered maximum but also looses in raids because other (more active) builders don't raid as much. I can't see it solving anything, tbh.

• MythicMikeneto
    MythicMikeneto Member Posts: 69

Unless people just quit because they cant 'Builder only'.

Also the raids may just be tomb hunting, because that is a thing now. Lol.