HRV pathway corrosive cube bug or intended?

wright402
wright402 Member Posts: 16

so i searched around for the keys words "corrosive cube" and "HRV" "pathway" n a few other combinations, didn't find anything talking about this.

i have seen 3 bases that have traps set up like this, were its just a long room full of second wave corrosive cubes, so far they all have been possible but i worry that this can be easily exploited.

by my knowledge HRV isn't suppose to walk on top of holo cubes or corrosive cubes. i tried to copy this by making a simple base path way of second way cubes and he didn't walk along it. which kinda just proves that this isn't intended to be able to be done. unpon thinking of this, i made a pathway that was long as possible to get to the genmat very long and a short path way full of second wave corrosive cubes. with the long path way being the right way and allows me to post it, the HRV would still walk over the corrosive cubes to the genmat until they turn on "second wave" which with my own testing, i have found out that if you get the genmat right as HRV shall walk down the new path way that is now the only possible way out, the long way out, however if you get it a second after he is done, HRV shall still auto walk down the short now "corrosive cubes" and well ether die or just be stuck standing there.

these bases still have to have a feasible way to win to my knowledge ATM however these bases can easily annoying.

i shall drop a video of one of the first bases like this i have ran into.

question is this intended or is this a bug that is being exploited?

p.s i also tested this live while i as typing this out as well.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2023

until 2nd wave, the 2nd wave blocks are safe to walk on and solid, HRV always takes the shortest route. it's a byproduct of AI.

he also walks on top of plasma sentinel traps both wave 1 and 2.

• wright402

But is it intentionally made this way or is it a bit of a bug?

i know he can walk on them until the second wave, however I believe he should all-ways follow the pathway that allows the base to be valid. Not even the shortest pathway like this.

if you read the part about where I tested it, (better detail) when hrv is there to pick it the genmat if you do at the same time he well then follow then pathway that was the valid path. If it’s even a second after he well walk right back into the cubes n die.

so this couldn’t have been intentional and that’s what this post is asking.

• MadMoeZel

there is a 2-3 second transition time from wave 1 to wave 2, if HRV is headed back from genmat to start towards 2nd wave path but doesn't make it there before transition finishes he will turn around and head over the main path.

however the path can be built in such a way that HRV will for sure be on acid and die if you touch genmat around the time he does. to prevent that death, time how long it takes him to walk the route, watch him take genmat, wait the timer out, touch genmat, HRV will then walk the other route safely. you just have to live long enough for him to make it back the other route.

• wright402

I just went to test it out, if the path way is long enough yes, hrv shall automatically re route and go back. But I really doubt to many ppl well make it this long for it to for hrv.

your second part yes I’ve already talk about this, that only would work if the base builder didn’t put a corrosion cube for a short distance from the genmat so hrv has time to re route. So far the minimum requirement for him to re route is 4 blocks on the start of fourth block, if it’s 3 hrv shall just stand on the corrosion cube/last cube n not die, but completely stop working. If it’s 2 blocks or less hrv shall walk back and die.

i also found out that if you grab it within like 25-30% of way hrv is grabbing it, hrv shall walk one block back on the corrosion cubes n automatically re route I tested it a few times and it worked pretty much every time, however if he started walking back the cubes route it takes longer for hrv to re route

so it really doesn’t matter how long you live it they have It this shorter as hrv shall allways die.

but what am asking, what this whole post is about is this intentional, or a type of bug that is intentional that is a exploit.

here’s a video of me testing this all out.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,678

but what am asking, what this whole post is about is this intentional, or a type of bug that is intentional that is a exploit.

So, unless I'm misunderstanding, you're asking a question only the game developers can answer? Because we're just players, we don't know for sure what the devs' intentions are. These are the official forums, but the game developers are not active here. The developers occasionally have Reddit AMAs, so I'd recommend watching out for one of those in the future if you really want to ask them about this.

The best answer I can give going by own observations is this: Second Wave Corrosive Cube paths aren't uncommon, and the devs haven't stated it's a bug as far as I know. Even if the devs do come out and say this behavior is unintentional, they avoid calling things "exploits."

• wright402

Thank you for your input on this topic.

even if the developers aren’t on here I believe it may still reach them.

• MadMoeZel

i can't tell you if it's intentional, i can only indicate that it applies in many circumstances, the more often you see it the more likely it can be assumed intentional. guards without a patrol route will behave the same way as a HRV path in regards to taking the shortest route to a target (you) even if they have a patrol route. if that path leads them over 2nd wave blocks during wave 1, they will take it. but during wave 2 they will take the safe route.

• MadMoeZel

he freezes in this video because he can't turn in place, and stepping forward would put him in acid.