New block - Arrow Slit block

MadMoeZel
MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

a block that reduces the firing angle of a single block to a slot/box that allows projectiles to pass but not guards or players.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,706

So replacing the exploit they literally just removed.

• MadMoeZel
    edited May 2023

they removed an exploit that allowed soft locking. this wouldn't allow soft locking.

provided a player didn't chuck a phoenix pod inside it, which is on them

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,706

It's a guaranteed ammo sink. All you'd need is three corridors long enough to force the raider to disable the incinerator that's behind this slit block, and the raider is #########.

At least spend several hundred capacity on a ton of corrosive cubes to steal that ammo.

• MadMoeZel

it's a guarenteed ammo sink that reduces the effective firing range of the thing behind it. i have the tradeoff of a smaller threat angle as a builder and the risk of it being ignored, you have the risk of losing your ammo to something if you can't play around it, or you could chuck a grenade in there, if it's a trap and it's 3 blocks back that makes fire cost 90 at 2 block effectivity and it's still able to be destroyed. if it's a boltshot, it's at most double fire and can be baited out, hunter is likely detrimental to it, if it's a guard you have the 15 shot bow and there is a limit of 20 guards. you already have counter play to what i'm requesting. you can bring in 18 shots.

Are you telling me that you NEED to kill every single guard so badly that you'd shoot every single one inside an ammo trap?