New Suit Idea - Necr

MadMoeZel
MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
edited May 2023 in Feedback

They say dead men tell no tales, Necr would beg to disagree

Biolink 1 - Commune, Standing still for 2 seconds will display corpse markers from previous raiders within 3/5/7 blocks.

Biolink 2 - Marionette, the last 1/2/3 guards you killed return to life to serve you, they follow mindlessly and will walk into hazards and off cliffs as if they are not there.

Biolink 3 - Interact with a corpse to see their designated patrol route for 5/10/15 seconds (works on dead guards and HRV

edit -

biolink 3 has some abusability that has been brought to my intention, i intend to rework it. i will leave the old biolink posted when i do in () for clarity. the abuse has to do with builders intentionally trying to counter the biolink.

Post edited by MadMoeZel on

Comments

• magic1236
    magic1236 Member Posts: 106

Not sure how biowlink three would work or help. But what would be intresting is if you could interacted with the gavestones of players and see a holographic replay of like 2/4/6 secounds before their death. But I feel this would be just hard to program in.

• mym_enjoyer69420
    mym_enjoyer69420 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

you're an absolute genius, i was kinda sceptical but the description sold it, would love to this in the game

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,706

Sounds interesting, but compared to the biolinks we have, +x% range and -x% reload, etc., this seems really elaborate and powerful.

Being able to see other players gravestones would forewarn you about surprise traps, completely invalidating most outpost builds.

The last 3 guards? which last three? How do you activate it? Does it just perpetually revive every guard but with only 3 up at a time?

I would think something like follows would be more realistic:

Allows you to see your own gravestones within 5/10/15 meters. This would require you to have died first, and then it provides an easy way to track your own progress and where you died on previous runs, so you don't need to memorise every single trap in a long-winded outpost.

Interact with a guard's corpse to replenish a random amount of your ammunition, can be used 1/2/3 times per raid. You might gain 1 bolt, or 14 shots, you don't know. Obviously not worth using if you're playing sword and board.

Interact with a broken trap to replenish a random amount of your hardware, can be used once per raid to replenish Grenades/+Spikes/+Shields. Keep it at level 1 to just restock on Grenades, or if you use Shields too max it out, and you might gain one of those, or both, can only replenish what you have equipped of course.

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2023

• "Being able to see other players gravestones would forewarn you about surprise traps, completely invalidating most outpost builds."

some places don't have deaths because they are so threatening when looked directly at you'd never go there.

the biolink also requires standing still meaning it can't be used while flying around a room, you have to plan with it or use it in a shield to assess the situation while under fire

"Allows you to see your own gravestones within 5/10/15 meters. This would require you to have died first, and then it provides an easy way to track your own progress and where you died on previous runs, so you don't need to memorise every single trap in a long-winded outpost."

i don't play phoenix pod for the same reason, anything that REQUIRES you to die to work is sub par in my opinion.

"The last 3 guards? which last three? How do you activate it? Does it just perpetually revive every guard but with only 3 up at a time?"

yes, the last 3. the oldest one collapses when you acquire a new one.

"Interact with a guard's corpse to replenish a random amount of your ammunition, can be used 1/2/3 times per raid. You might gain 1 bolt, or 14 shots, you don't know. Obviously not worth using if you're playing sword and board."

I'm generally opposed to anything that interacts with ammo since it's already in an unhealthy place in my opinion. i'd limit it to one ammo for each gun, giving you 2 shots per corpse. one to break armor, 1 to kill the exposed target if it got implemented.

"Interact with a broken trap to replenish a random amount of your hardware, can be used once per raid to replenish Grenades/+Spikes/+Shields. Keep it at level 1 to just restock on Grenades, or if you use Shields too max it out, and you might gain one of those, or both, can only replenish what you have equipped of course."

unlike ammo, hardware has a part cost. parts economy is already flooded, theres no need for a hardware refund on the economic side and on a balance side, even 3 shields, with the possibility of 4 on a single player is too strong for any outpost to handle. if the game is reduced to only 0-1 death raids, builders WILL stop building due to lack of rewards, accolades aren't good enough when it costs resources to keep the outpost up.

Post edited by MadMoeZel on