Lawless mode for social raids

MadMoeZel
MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

Lawless mode that enables all removed exploits for social map that marks the map as lawless on the selection screen. so that all of us challenge hogs can have our nightmare content still without affecting the casual playerbase

Comments

• TheShindig
    TheShindig Member Posts: 13

You actually can do this. Social outposts don't need to have a valid harvester path, which means you basically don't even need to have floors if you don't want them. I played one outpost that was basically all corrosive cubes, but some of them had hard skin so you would have something to grapple or jump off of.

• MadMoeZel

you have misunderstood my post. i'm saying i'd like a mode in social only that brings things like 2nd wave acid targeting, and other bugs that have/will be removed. it would allow the hardcore players to make insane challenges for one another that wouldn't affect the live game.

• Bombzaway8222
    Bombzaway8222 Member Posts: 26

I second this opinion players want a challenge it's part of the fun of learning new strategies and learning from your mistakes, if the game keeps removing options and making defense weaker then how do we protect the Gen mat like we're supposed to if raiders don't lose the advantages they have.

• MadMoeZel

raiders won't ever lose their edge, we want to avoid truly impossible outposts, but i don't think we should sacrifice a higher skill ceiling in favor of a lower skill floor.

• Bombzaway8222

As time and experience move forward players will seek out the harder challenge, I agree on avoiding impossible bases, but currently I've been seeing many bases that don't impress me very much. I think it may be the fact that many builders copy what others are doing, and I do take inspiration from other players but I do my best to make it just different enough that it's not an exact copy. Anyway back to the point, if a raider can have a way to counter something we build then we should be able to improve upon our build to counter that, and if we have nothing left to counter with then at least it's enough of a challenge that it would players would have to consider their choices while raiding.

• Bombzaway8222

Personally I enjoyed finding a way to counter the acid block targeting, the only thing I've found annoying is pistons clipping through solid blocks, but I'm sure there is a counter for that as well.

• MadMoeZel

i had a lot of fun running firebugs super high octane