Synthite gains were increased too much

Seraphor
Seraphor Member Posts: 8,706
edited May 2023 in Feedback

So the last patch increased Synthite gains by around 100-200%, nearly triple the amount.

I've gone from struggling to maintain a balance of around 1000 Synthite at any given time, to having in excess of 9000 Synthite in just a couple of days. My building/raiding habits haven't changed, still keeping one or two outposts active at a time, still raiding around 5-10 outposts for each of my active ones. (Essentially the ideal balance, if I expect 5-10 raids for each cycle of my outposts, I should be raiding that much to maintain them)

This has made it feel like I simply don't need to raid anymore, I don't know what I'm raiding for because I have far too much Synthite to use, and has also made the Guards Boost completely useless, which means my Cell/Parts stocks are no longer being spent either.

It feels like this change was made to feedback a month too late, like a knee-jerk reaction to those week one complaints about Synthite, that took a month to implement, in the mean time players have largely adjusted to the Synthite economy.

Don't get me wrong, Synthite used to be very hard to come by, but 100-200% more is simply overkill.

I think the ideal change would have been giving a lump sum reward for successfully completing an outpost, something along the lines of 10/20/50 (per difficulty) of each currency when you finish a raid, which would bolster your Synthite stocks by roughly 25-50%, offsetting the RNG nature of tomb rewards, and encourage raiders to stick with an outpost and finish it instead of abandoning, without making it 'pressure' to not abandon an outpost you don't enjoy.

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685

yeah but more or less every other player wanted this. so, here we are. easy mode.

• magic1236
    magic1236 Member Posts: 106

I would recommend then just have 5 active outposts. This may help drain the synth quite quickly. There is also the pre buying outpost land that seems good just to have it ready for when you do want to build on it.

not sure though if this would change if it feels like it’s still too much. But I do believe more builder focused payers are happy with it.

• Seraphor
    edited May 2023

If everyone does this, it floods the game with outposts. If I have 5 outposts, then I need to be raiding at least 25 times a day to offset that. I highly doubt everyone else is doing the same. So when you get 1 raid every 24hrs like I just did on one of my outposts, that's why.

• MadMoeZel

want raids? make EXP maps. i'm getting accolades and kills. these maps are made normal on indestructible acid cubes so the raider can't get mats or exp. i make these to punish XP map hunters, and i STILL GET REWARDS FROM THEM. punishment maps, get rewarded.

• Seraphor
    edited May 2023

No thanks I like to enjoy my games. I build outposts I find interesting.

If/when I get this jaded I'd just stop playing instead.

• MadMoeZel
    edited May 2023

i get my enjoyment from the social groups. live has lost all appeal to me.

this is how i level my maps for 0 effort then use my actual effort for people who appreciate it

• Seraphor
    edited May 2023

Well, I'm gonna stick by my word. I'm done with this game. It only took three days.

Two days in a row, absolutely ZERO raids on my outposts, because no one is raiding anymore.

I have a P6 outpost with a grand total of 14 raids, and a P7 with a grand total of 16. But with two days with no raids, that was effectively the count at P4 and P5 respectively. What's the point?

The difficulty calculator is out of whack so even the easiest of outposts end up in Brutal, and now Synthite gains are so high there's no point in raiding.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262

New synthite drop rate is great, dont change a thing

• MadMoeZel

you're not getting raids due to a bug likely, they patched matchmaking AGAIN i have a post in bug reports on it. even the XP maps aren't getting raids, and my data says they should all be seeing minimum 14 a day.

• noggieB
    noggieB Alpha Surveyor Posts: 63

I was getting about 6 raids per prestige before the patch, 0 raids until the bug was fixed, and now back to 6 raids.

That seems about right, because it takes me around 6 raids to gather the synthite for another prestige. (Combined with the other sources of synthite such as tributes etc.)

The new synthite drops might be slightly too high, but they are closer to what I would like than the old drop rate.

(Although the old drop rate would have been fine, if we could use accolates to help pay for prestiges. That would encourage builders to make fun, artistic and ingenious outposts, instead of just going for kills.)

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Yeah, accolades give nothing valuable outside of prestige points. I have lot of p10 bases with 2-3-and even 40 thousands of extra prestige points. What for? I can have nothing extra (on less creative outposts) with exactly same result. It would be great to be able to pay additional points to save synth or convert all extra points into resources.

• Seraphor

I think it's fairly clear they panicked at the falling player count and decided to throw buckets of prestige points and synthite at players to keep them playing.

Unfortunately, the opposite happened.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Well, yes, but those prestige points are from prev bases, I haven't built anything new since prestige requirements were changed, just retired all the rest, saw 2-4 raids max per prestige and that's it. So even back then I had enormous amount of prestige points (70%+ were from accolades!) with no use (player xp they give? great). Then what's the point in building smth to get a lot of accolades?

And, like, yeah. Now it's worse. I like raiding and still raid, but