Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The issue of disconnecters and complete inability or lack of will of the developers to deal with it

I remember dealing with frequent disconnecters since I have started playing this game c.a. 1.5 years ago. Since then, it has only worsened. In literally every other game, or even more often, someone disconnects in the first 5 minutes of the match. Be it an instant down by Billy's chainsaw or being pulled out of a locker. I have read that there is supposed to be some mechanism in place to prevent this kind of behaviour. Even if that's the case it doesn't work at all. People chronically disconnect at virtually every rank, 20 or 2.

While in every other online game that features ranking system and where a quitting player is a significant disadvantage to a team, there is a robust ban system, that systematically punishes the disconnecters. A simple tiered ban system, where you first got banned for 1h, then 2h, then 4h etc. is all you need to enforce proper behaviour. It's mind boggling that there's a full-time development team working on Dead by Daylight, which cannot spare enough time to create a simple system to deter disconnecters.

I am hugely disappointed that one of the biggest, and even more - easily fixable - issues with the game is simply ignored. Or is it the case that the owners of the game are afraid that the upset kids getting repeatedly banned will stop doing micro transactions?

Please contemplate it, because it's a serious issue that prevents me from enjoying an otherwise a really interesting and well designed game.

Comments

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I know! 3 disconnections in a day and you get placed on Dedicated Servers for a day in order to test them out.

Since you've apparently got an unstable connection anyway (because surely the DCs weren't by choice, right?), you won't be too upset about the connection trouble on the servers.

You've got a day to improve your connection or you'll be removed from the general player population again tomorrow. (Prevent those high-ping players from glitching around as often). This will also give the devs valuable server test info. It's a win-win!

• HarleyF_inQuinn
    HarleyF_inQuinn Member Posts: 4

So the killers can face camp and have no punishment? No thanks. And what about people who have a crap connection? I get dc'ed because the killer is beating a lag switch so I deserve to get punished for that, too? Nope.