Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hex Thoughts

In light of the Ruin changes, I've seen lots of people making the suggestion that the new Ruin would be better if it was not a hex perk. Personally, I think that would be too powerful when mixed with other perks like Surveillance. But, hex perks have often been disappointing as they blow up within the first minute of a match.

So, I started thinking of a way to better balance the hex issue, while not tipping it to the point of being unfair to survivors.

I should caveat by saying I started this game as a survivor, but moved towards killer over time. Now I play 80% killer with Trapper being my go to character. I have been debating these changes with a friend who plays only survivor, and think we hit a few potential changes.

Hex changes:

1. Hex Totems no longer glow. They look like dull totems until a survivor interacts with it. When a survivor starts trying to destroy the totem, it lights up, showing it is hexed. Hex totems have skill checks, and are subject to all perks (both killer and survivor) that affect skill checks. If the survivor stops, the totem stops glowing until interacted with again.

2. Small Game gets a slight buff. If a hex totem is in your detection range, its aura becomes visible to you. If you succeed in cleansing the totem, you get a 50% BP bonus. (If this seems too strong, then add in that the survivor's aura is visible for 2 seconds after cleansing.)

This will give totems a whole new importance as you never know if that dull totem is hexed. If survivors skip dull totems, they can only blame themselves for getting hit with devour hope later.

If it makes survivors hunt totems actively, it slows down the gen rush and gives the killer a chance to snowball.

If a survivor spawns in an opening and does not see the dull totem 20m away that is actually the Ruin, then perhaps Ruin is not destroyed because it glows like a light brite in a dark hallway. That would be nice.

Thoughts?