Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Maybe the stupidest question but here I go (Short question)

Is it bannable to purposely die on hook so I can derank?

I've been really annoyed at the long queue times so I've been trying to derank by either doing nothing (wasting killers time for a few and dying straight away on hook)

Would that give me a perma ban?

And if so, is there another way to get into matches quicker cause I'm sick of waiting 20 mins to get into a red rank game.

Best Answer

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    Answer ✓

@Anthony151201

No, it's not bannable.

There is no way to prove you died on hook on purpose, that's why the Devs didn't add punishments towards killing yourself on Hook along with the DC punishments. New players would be heavily punished by a such a system since they don't know you need to struggle or don't press space bar.

However, it does make the game quite unfun for the people left in the Trial, so it's not the nicest of all things.

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

It isn't bannable, but it isn't to be encouraged either.

As for your second question, there's no direct way to get matches faster, however there are a couple of things that can help. Usually, queues are longer for one role or the other, so if you don't mind which one you play, and you're finding yourself in the queue for a long time, try switching to the other role and see if you get matches faster. The other thing you can do for faster queues is play at times when there are more people online in your region. Generally, peak times are between 6-11pm in most areas, but you can also get reasonable times during the day if it's a weekend.