Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does PWYF work with shotgun?

WRussoW
WRussoW Member Posts: 715

Can you injure someone with the Deathslinger's shotgun without loosing tokens?

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I haven't tested it myself, but I've heard from several people that the two do synergise. Apparently, you can injure your obsession by allowing them to break the chain without losing PWYF tokens - and on top of that, hitting them with the harpoon counts as ending the chase, and breaking the chain then ends another chase, so you get two tokens out of the whole interaction.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@WRussoW

The only way to apply damage without losing stacks is to get stunned after you harpoon someone, you can do this by letting them break the chain on some rocks, trees, etc. I'm not sure if shooting the Harpoon loses stacks as well, but if Bubbas chainsaw loses stacks when used, than shooting the harpoon would also result in the same thing, just from a guess.

If you hit when when they're harpooned, you lose a stack, if you shoot (possible) than you may lose a stack, if you hit them normally than you lose a stack. So all signs point to this combo'ing poorly, but that's just my opinion.