Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Boil over

I was wonder if boil over worked on the new kill the gun slinger because it says the effects are 75% more when struggling

Best Answer

Answers

• Sniperzduty
    Sniperzduty Member Posts: 4

I think boil over deserves some love it's been such a bad perk from the start hopefully it gets buffed soon

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Maybe it would work well with The Deathslingers ability if they made it compatible, but the idea of a 75% struggle benefit would make it a lot harder for The Deathslinger in-general, plus buffing a perk around one Killer doesn't exactly benefit the perk as a whole.

I do hope the perk gets buffed or changed, but the idea of it working around one Killer isn't really beneficial.

• Sniperzduty
    Sniperzduty Member Posts: 4

I mean yea but it’s like how calm spirit counters the doctor and fixated counters the spirit

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

That's true, but those perks ONLY countering a specific Killer are also no beneficial to the overall concept that perks follow.

If they're only useful for one Killer and one Killer only, than 90% of the time they'll be ignored. Most Survivors know about specific perks that counter specific Killers, but they still don't use them because there's a good chance they won't get that Killer. Unless you REALLY hate that Killer and don't want to face them, than it isn't that useful outside of that.

Look at Iron Will for example, this perk is used a lot in the meta because it's generally a good perk, but it's also used to Counter Spirit as well (for the most part anyways). It still has use outside of facing Spirit, and it's still a solid to really good perk depending on who uses it.