The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just the Facts: NOED Needs a Change, Here's Why

Comments

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179

NOED Punishes Solo Queue Survivors

No. SWF have more info but is not taken into the design by devs, so all comparison with soloQ and SWF is worthless. You can deal with totems without even doing them. Mental note on spawns and revisit when last gen pops.

NOED Rewards Camping

It does not. Camping is the worst way to make pressure because you are pressuring a survivor who is already hooked. The rest can find the totem while you sit on the hook. NOED punish altruism on late game if survivors don't want to cleanse totems.

Why This Needs a Change

You sustain all your argument on the premise that this change would stop camping... which it won't.

I agree that games are funnier when there are interactions, and this game has a lot of non-interactive mechanics (doing gens as the king of non-interactive mechanics). But all this post walks around the point that you don't like camp and NOED.

Camping is already an awful strategy that will grant a depip, it's like spamming projectiles on fighting games. It's easy to play against. Same with NOED. I have no problems escaping from killers that camp or use NOED because you need basic game knowledge to deal with that strats. Also using NOED or camping against high ranks players that know what they are doing (not SWF just good enough survs) it's useless.

People will stop using NOED when most of the player base learn how to counter it (which is not difficult at all and multiple ways to counter it exist nowadays).

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Have you not seen otzs game where he was on like rank 1 doing this strat its insane. Camp because by the time the 5th gens done 2 survivors have died to camping and noed the 3rd guy. Gg. Its literally that easy. And if you say its not feel free to watch otzs 2 hours which he did it to like 40-50 survivors.

• supersonic853
    edited May 2020

For anyone whos wondering heres otzs stream otz is a amazing player but he did something anyone could do and camped with noed its that easy. (Nvm apparently twitch links dont work big oof)

Edit:Trying again.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

I don't talk about other killers, I try to say that you put in the role of killer to u can understand why the most of killers used noed. Perhaps you could get a different point of view about it. I'm rank 1 as killer and survivor . And I don't like to use noed but I can understand why a lot of killers use it. Just doit my friend... What you can lost!!

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Run Detectives Hunch. It counters all Hex perks, including NOED.

• supersonic853

still a 2k is considered a win by the devs so the killer won in that scenario by camping 2 survivors to death. guess its a viable tactic now.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

My only pet peeve with NOED is the speed increase. You want to make them instadowns? Cool - remove the speed boost.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

O look another survivor crying to nerf something

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Which is why, if you're really worried about NOED, you run Small Game or Detectives Hunch. Bring a map as well.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

My proposed solution is that each time a generator is completed, a noise in the general direction of a standing totem is made. Or their aura is revealed. This will show survivors where totems remain and if they remain at all. Might be dumb idk

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited May 2020
    1. To say swf have an unfair advantage and therefore the perk needs a nerf is faulty logic. Swf have an unfair advantage in general. For example why not talk about how M&A needs a nerf since swf can tell each other when the killer is coming negating the lower tr compared to solo who are unable?
    2. Camping itself is the problem as it rewards killers with an easy kill or a trade, to blame noed for the faults of camping is wrong. And to say it helps camping is also wrong since tons of other perks can also help with camping much better than noed, as noed only works end game

You just pointed out that swf and camping are problematic (which I agree with) and then try to pass the blame onto noed (which I do not agree with)

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

it's spam because it's the truth lol. It takes 7 seconds too do bones, so if 1 survivor is being chased, 2 are on gens, then you can spend the time too find bones. They spawn in set locations so memorizing the spawns isn't too hard, and if you still can't find them then use perks or a map.

Think about it like this, when a killer runs NOED they are literally using 3 perks for most of the game, and it's not even a guarantee it will be active if you did the totems, meaning the killer never had a 4th perk. It's not unbalanced, just do bones.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Yes, but no one wants to give up their precious meta perks to counter something that's a non issue.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

In the first part of your comment you suggest using a meta perk then in the second you suggest dropping a meta perk make up your mind lol.

But tbh do you really excpect all survivors to be 100% optimal in finding totems, doing gens and getting save against a camping killer?

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

While I understand the rather I'll look on the perk theres a few issues

1..noed cannot be changed unless adrenaline is hit just as hard, it isnt fair otherwise from that alone

2..there are only 3 semi decent hexes to begin with and it's so easily dismantled with multiple perks/items it needs to remain impactful..and since totems arnt planned to be more durable rn I cant see a way to do it

3..If camping is to be weakened then killers need a strong end game tool given because between end game ds and bt..survivors hold all the power end game if a noed totem fails to spawn in..cant nerd the effect if you fail to address the cause

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

You have four perk slots. The usual builds I see are DS, an exhaustion perk, BT, and Adren. Surely one can be dropped for another perk.

No, I don't expect 100% competency from totems. Would be nice if people other than I actually did them, however. Still, if you see your team doing gens, then do a totem or two. Heck, you don't even need to do them, just remember where they were so you can backtrack and look for the lit one in end game.

If the killer is face camping, then there is no map pressure. You're free to do gens and totems. Better for one to die than three.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I just wish my teammates does bones, but not the ones that are in the freaking open so we can see if the Killer has NOED or not and cleanse it quickly.

Honestly that's why NOED can be an issue, especially on Solo Queue. People have different priorities, people have different strategies, and it doesn't really mesh well because by then you're not playing as a team, but 4 individuals who happens to benefit from each other if they do well.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219
    edited May 2020

I dont know what to say to this. The op doesnt even know the difference between facts and opinions.

since the patch, i keep statistics again. Its still a small sample size, but there are already patterns to see.

So far i escaped 72% of my games. Noed where in about 50% of the games, and did something endgame exactly once. All the other times, totems were done (i agree, mostly by me, but still).

1 game i lost because one survivor dced after loading in, and the second one suicided on first hook.

One game was lost because the killer was streamsnipping the other survivor (he said so in the endgame chat).

One i lost because i died on the first hook when noone came to rescue me from a non camping killer, while i was the first one hooked (the other were a 3swf and just didnt care).

The rest of the games i lost due to heavy camping and tunneling, often combined with an instadown option and a mori.

All 4k involved camping, tunneling, several times combined with instdown options and a mori. 2/3 of the 3k also involved tunneling, camping and moris, while none of the 0-2ks involved these strategys.

The question is what that means. Does it mean camping and tunneling is op because we couldn´t counter it, or does it mean killers have to camp and tunnel to have a chance to keep up? If we ignore the 2v1 and the streamsnipper game, my survival rate is at 78%

To me, it means noed is not a problem if you don´t want it to be, camping might be,

Most games were red or red/purple ranks, but there were several rainbow matches as well.

A lot of you should think about keeping statistics for some time, because it might put things into another perspective. your actuall survival rate might be different than your felt survival rate.

Then, with lots of data, we can really discuss this matter based on facts, and not just opinions we try to pass as facts.

Post edited by sulaiman on
  • Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

another noed post,its not like forum is filled with whiny survivors complaining about noed everyday

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

And this comment helps neither the topic nor the community. Can this we vs they-mindset change?

• Animator
    Animator Member Posts: 372

It is enough to make the NOED infinite, as it was in the distant 2016. All problems can be resolved right away: solo players will not have to be distracted by cleaning totems and they can calmly do the genrush, and the SFW teams will not be impudent.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

You act like a want to nerf NOED. Nowhere did I state that was my intention.

• Waffleyumboy

True, you may have facts about your personal statistics but I have facts about flaws in perk design that are being overlooked by people such as you that think the game needs no changes except those that affect your experience.

• Waffleyumboy

DBD isn't a team game. You aren't forced to help your teammates. Hence why keys exist.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

You said it yourself noed counter gen rushing that why its fine the way it is and you just need to do bone if you want to counter this amazing perk

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

I have a crazy idea, hear me out what if noed was removed from the game ? Scratch that it already can be removed, apparently by doing some weird bone things, idk strange right ?

• Waffleyumboy

I think it'd be better if it was modified to be more fair and healthy. Simply removing it would also cause backlash probably.

• Con_Inc
    Con_Inc Member Posts: 137

I do bones if I fail to take out noed then to me at least that’s on me but even if I know they have noed I still try to rescue if another survivor is about to die. I gladly sacrifice myself to save another. The problem is if you want to nerf an endgame perk that you can counter then you’d also have to nerf survivor endgame perks that you can’t counter unless you have already killed them. I don’t use noed or perks for survivors that could be nerfed to even out any noed change but a few perks would most likely be changed for survivors where only one for killers would be.

• Waffleyumboy
  • Waffleyumboy

This post is about changing NOED, not about nerfing NOED or camping

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I love how so many people type in the same annoying response without even reading the post.

• Waffleyumboy
  • arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I'm just joking of course I don't like it either lol

I agree with all of your points but the devs still think NOED is fine for some reason. They said small game was going to get a buff before so the totem counter will probably be included in that, which will still force people to spend a perk slot and it won't solve anything.

• Waffleyumboy

Lol yeah it's always hilarious to see how the devs find ways to make people shut up about problems by putting a bandaid on them. Camping is unhealthy? Buff Kindred. Tunneling is unhealthy? Anti-tunnel perks. Slugging is boring? It has plenty of counters stop whining 5head. They really can be creative geniuses sometimes.

• Con_Inc

Changing anything in the game either buffs it or nerfs it and no one is talking about buffing it so it leans towards nerfing. You put a totem count on the screen yes that would be nice but then once all five are found swf or solo know to stop looking all together totem hunting buys the killer more time so would hurt the killer. Yes campers suck getting rid of noed wouldn’t stop camping would just make it so campers only use one hit down ppl so they still have their noed in a way and maybe bring in more moris. Anything you do towards noed to stop camping or make swf and solo which is what I mostly play would be making noed weaker hence nerfing it in a way.

• Waffleyumboy

Yes removing those aspects would be a minor nerf but it could be buffed in other ways to compensate, like how DS is now counterable but also stuns longer.

• Con_Inc

Yet when I say it’s a nerf then I get it’s not a nerf post even with you just saying it would be a minor nerf and you have ppl talking about how ppl post without reading the topic. All I was pointing out is if it would get nerfed meaning not having anything added to buff it in other ways then other things would also need the same treatment. I also never said omg another nerf post or just do bones or any of the typical comments I stated I do bones and sometimes fail but ppl jump right down others throats when they don’t post the same things over and over and wonder why having a normal discussion doesn’t happen.

• Waffleyumboy

"If this gets nerfed, nerf this other thing too!" Is also a typical comment hate to break it to ya

• Con_Inc

So is making a thread saying things need changing but saying it’s not a nerf thread over and over so it’s a nerf thread and you admit it hate to break it to you.see how easy it is to make a childish post.

• Waffleyumboy

What do you mean childish? I was just letting you know that you're not something special, your off-topic comment is just as generic and popular as everyone else's. Just the facts, to put it simply.

• Con_Inc

Hate to break it to you is a tad childish when your trying to prove a point after you admitted you also made a nerf thread . I also never said I’d want anything nerfed I said it would be meaning you nerf something then ppl will complain to nerf more to counter what just got nerfed. I also don’t make nerf threads about the same topic everyone makes nerf threads about and try to hide the fact it is then admit it would be a nerf so guess your thread is just another generic nerf thread. I have better things to do however than argue with someone over a game a play for fun. Enjoy your day

• Waffleyumboy

You can keep dodging the topic if you want, but I would prefer that you stop misinterpreting my intent. I never said this was a nerf thread, if you think I did please quote("") me so that I may correct your logical error. My intent with calling your comment generic was not to offend you, but to correct you in your error in identifying your comment as being unique. You have not posted anything on this thread that suggests you are anything but an argumentative troll, and that's just the facts.

• Quol

Ah yes, my bad. I had falsely assumed this was a nerf noed thread considering how your 2 points are about noed giving "unfair" advantages. Now that I look you clearly want it to be buffed how could I be so blind.

Look you can say that you technically want it changed and technically you didn't say nerf but when your 2 points are about it giving an unfair advantage and how we should change these advantages everyone will connect the dots.

• Waffleyumboy

True, what disadvantage of NOED is unhealthy? I need to add it so people get less confused 🙄

• Quol

You seem to be misunderstanding something. I'm here to point out that it's not noed that's the problem. Your points are that camping is bad and swf have an unfair advantage, which I agree with, but then try to push the blame onto noed, which I do not agree with. Then try to say noed needs a change wink wink nudge nudge but you totally don't mean a nerf. How dare people assume that. Wanna see why I have a problem with this? Watch.

Hey guys I think monitor and abuse needs a change. You see it gives an unfair advantage to swf since they can notify the others making your lower tr useless thereby punishing solos and it makes camping easier since with a lower tr (especially with 24m) you can hide better. Guys doesn't it need a change?

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Your the one who mentioned it as a gotcha point in your post and so I responded to what your post said

• Magikazam
    Magikazam Member Posts: 182

NOED Punishes Solo Queue Survivors

Yes, if they don't do bones, you need 1 out of 4 survivors to bring detective hunch, there a reason most solo survivors run it now.

if you don't bones correctly, that on your team, that the survivor strenght, team. Someone do a great playm the whole team benefit of it, someone do a bad play, the whole team have the downside of the play. You can't have the best of 2 world where the dude who use Detective Hunch reward the team for countering any Hex, But your team don't get punished if he dosen't.

NOED Rewards Camping

''NOED is in the survivors' hands if the killer doesn't apply enough pressure. Camping is easy effective pressure''

LOL this is so bad of a strawman argument. No, a killer camping the worst way for them to apply any kind of pressure. IF the killer camp you have a whole 2 minutes to clean totem and do gen whitout any kind of risk. It only pressure if survivor swarm the hook insted of doing anything else.

''It is very to put the survivors in a position where they can't possibly do gens fast enough and do totems,''

it take 120 second to die on hook and 80 to do a gens, knowing that unless the killer do a extremly short chase early on in the game, a gen will be done around the time the first survivor is hooked, with a max of 3 other gens being worked on and who are, at worst around 40% done. Detective hunch as triggered once, and most totem spawn are near generator, any hided totem has been counter by Detective. and it take 14 seconds by default clensing a totem. You could argue that ignoring totem would be a good idea and to simply gen rush if killer face camp. that another option.

you have all time in the world if killer is camping, there 3 of you around the whole map.