Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I played 50 matches. Here's what maps I got.

I got 0 Freddy maps and I did not count the matches where people used offerings. BHVR needs to fix this. Not sure why Coldwind, MacaroniMillan, and Autohaven are played so much. Maybe cause the loops changed? Not sure. Just very annoying to get the same maps a lot.

Comments

• DartRunner
    DartRunner Member Posts: 20

Badham has 5 versions. The realms get played a lot but jesus they shouldn't be played this much.

There are still 19 maps that aren't in the realm of Coldwind, Macaroni, and Autohaven. and still those three realms dominated. There are 11 more realms. 11.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I play all day and I see the new map once. I get Badham like 10 times. I don't even get Lery's but once a day.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

The problem with this type of "test" is that it only includes 50 matches. How many matches are there in a 24hr period?

1% of 1000 matches is 10 matches.

if we had the dev's eye, then we could see a more even distribution for maps or indicators that we may need to look into map picking system.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Okay so I am not crazy, Coldwind, MacMillan and Autohaven are definitely more common than before

• DartRunner

Many people have also stated here and on my reddit post that they get these three realms a lot as well.

• Givemethegame
    Givemethegame Member Posts: 10

I am a magnet to swamp maps, almost every single game

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited May 2020

SAME THOUGH! I played 5 matches as survivor last night, 3 of them were in Swamp. I switched over to killer, and the first 2 were also Swamp, I HATE IT!

I have never hated a map so much in my life, it's just such a bad map really. Doesn't help that I get it way to often either.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

I swear I get badham or coldwind everygame as killer and it makes me wanna blow my brains out

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I ran into what I will only consider a matchmaking glitch about a month or two ago (I believe it was shortly after Deathslinger was fully released) where I was guaranteed to play on The Pale Rose if no map offerings were played.

Excluding the single Haddonfield offering that one survivor brought and the Autohaven offering that I used at one point, I played that map somewhere in the range of 10-12 times in a row, playing both as survivor and killer.

I still see the problem happening to a much lesser extent every once in a while (though it's lately just been mutually fun maps like Coal Tower or Blood Lodge and usually only repeats them up to 3 times), but I have no idea what's causing this or why it occurs. Probably some kind of RNG meltdown or something.

Kind of makes me think that a realm (not specific map) selection/veto system after all players have readied up might be a good addition to DbD. It would give more control to the players and take some pressure off the matchmaker.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

It's like the only maps that exist are autohaven and coldwind farms for me.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

weird im rank 1 as killer and i get nothing but mothers dwelling. Majority of the time, if it isnt haddonfield or springwood, its mother f-ing dwelling

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited May 2020

These figures aren't actually that unusual from a mathematical standpoint. The only unusual thing is that you didn't get Badham at all. The numbers you got did deviate from the base probabilities, particularly in the case of the three original realms, but not more so than would be expected out of a single RNG-based practical experiment.

Here are some numbers for reference:

Macmillan Estate

Base chance: 14.7%

Percentage of your games: 20%

Coldwind Farm

Percentage of your games: 20%

Autohaven Wreckers

Percentage of your games: 22%

Backwater Swamp

Base chance: 5.9%

Percentage of your games: 4%

Haddonfield

Base chance: 2.9%

Lery's Memorial Institute

Percentage of your games: 2%

Gideon Meat Plant

Percentage of your games: 2%

Red Forest

Percentage of your games: 8%

Yamaoka Estate

Crotus Prenn Asylum

Percentage of your games: 6%

Hawkins Laboratory

• DartRunner

But the thing is, I didn't get the same realms this much before last update. Now it's much more increased chance for these maps it feels :/ I used to get Badham a lot and more inside maps, but since the last update it's just been those three realms almost back to back every match.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I've seen people get Lery's 5 games in a row. It's rare, but it happens. I'm not saying it doesn't suck, just in this case it's fairly normal mathematically speaking, and there's no real reason to believe that the map probabilities have been adjusted. You're just getting a bit unlucky, that's all.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, the thing is that besides Badham's 5 SLIGHT VARIANTS OF THE SAME MAP, the Realms that you've been sent to more have 5 distinct variants and appear FIVE times as much. The fact that they also have such varied layouts does make it also pretty acceptable to be sent to these Realms this much.

They share an asthetic, but that's about it.