Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BHVR doesn't listen to everything...

DTJObe
DTJObe Member Posts: 170
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Some of these add-ons are still unusable or pointless.

Cannibal:

The Grease: Moderately increase movement speed during the tantrum. Slightly increase the duration of the tantrum.

Primer Bulb: Moderately increases movement speed during the tantrum.

Did there need to be two add-ons that did the same thing? And tantrum movement speed, as experienced in the PTB, is pointless. There's no reason to go into a tantrum because you move at like 0.2 m/s. The tantrum movement speed add-ons are a pointless waste of design space without the core mechanics to back them up.

Hillbilly:

Mother's Helpers: Move 0.2 m/s faster while a flashlight in shining on you.

Lo Pro Chains: Breaking a pallet does not stop the chainsaw sprint. Chainsaw hits do not automatically trigger the dying state.

Iridescent Brick: After maintaining a chainsaw sprint for 5 seconds, gain the Undetectable status effect until the end of the chainsaw sprint.

Let's take a look at these one by one. Mother's Helpers has no good use case. The only case when this would conceivably activate is when you pick up a survivor to take to the hook. If the survivor with the flashlight misses/Lightborn, then you move slightly faster for ONE TO TWO SECONDS before they realize that they've either messed up or that you have Lightborn. And then, guess what? If you were running Lightborn, you don't get this minimal, pointless bonus to speed again. This is not only a trash add-on, it is playing in design space that doesn't exist. Honestly, the person who created this needs to reevaluate how the game actually plays before they start designing things that have no use. This is embarrassing.

Lo Pro Chains: How many pallets are there that empty into a straight corridor versus pallets that lead into turns or open walls? I could accept this as a Very Rare add-on if it didn't cut out the one hit down of the chainsaw. I'd think it were an interesting add-on with fringe use cases on certain maps. Maybe some surprise potential, but that's it. But this? This is so ######### disappointing. The scenario of having a pallet dropped while starting a sprint is less common than the devs think; as an iridescent, this is another embarrassing attempt at a clever add-on.

Iridescent Brick: How many times in a match have you chainsaw sprinted for five seconds? How many times in a match have sprinted for more than five? Because that's when you would maybe get value out of this. Five seconds is the activation charge time. On some maps, you can't even sprint for that long. Good luck running this on any map that isn't Mother's Dwelling or Ormond. And even then, you have to count on that last second or two of Undetectable chainsaw sprinting being worth a damn. Because the survivors can still hear you coming, and that's not a very long time to be Undetectable.

All of this to say, I'm disappointed in the devs. The Nurse's rework and add-ons were trash. Are trash. I lost hope that they would fix her add-ons or improve her base kit post-nerf, but I foolishly held out hope that they wouldn't publish terrible add-ons again. I should have know that Deathslinger's Iridescent Coin wasn't the end of it. Whoever they have working on the add-ons just shouldn't. Hand it over to someone who can actually design with a competent knowledge of the game and game theory.

Please.

Comments