Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Taking a break...

DTJObe
DTJObe Member Posts: 170

I know most people are going to say, "So what?" or "Who cares?" But I'm just venting. Stop reading if you like. Whatever works for you.

The auras have completely wrecked this game experience for me atm. I run lower graphics settings to maximize my framerate because I currently play on an older gaming PC. Maybe when the next US stimulus check comes in, I'll invest in something new, but until then, I'm stuck with what I have. And what I have exceeds the minimum requirements for DbD. Unfortunately, the auras weren't properly tested before being released, and I don't know where my totem is half of the time. Even on builds without hex perks, survivor and gen auras are trash.

On top of all of the issues that have plagued the killer side of the game for years, these auras just make the game unplayable for me, so until they patch this garbage fire of an issue out of the game, I'm just playing other stuff.

Sorry, BHVR. Fix your #########.

Comments

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

I feel you, a lot of people are getting rid of BBQ because of the auras. I don't think they really thought about the players who have lower graphic settings or discolored monitors. I have to squint sometimes to distinguish whats what.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

The good news is that the devs have said they'll be trying hard to get these fixed for the next hotfix, expected to release 11am EST tomorrow. Fingers crossed it'll be fixed then.

Taking a break is actually incredibly helpful; it's what I'm doing since dbd can get really taxing on my mental health at times.

I hope everything is going well for you and the next cheque will be enough to cover you. I'm really fortunate in that, since I'm a student still living at home, it hasn't affected me or my parents too badly. I really hope everything will work out for you though mate.

Best of luck in these troubled times <3

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 954

Well, it's only Monday. The Auras aren't as bad as folk think. Ever tried adjusting your screen? Until then, considering the auras are their first priority.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

they meant to be a fix soon.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

The problem is, PC players can for sure adjust settings for the screen, but what can a console player do? I'm on PS4 and even when I play survivor, trying to see where others are while on hook, or using Kindred is getting stupid hard, especially on big maps. Not to mention that color-blind players have all had to leave the game until it's fixed. So sure, it may be fine for some, but many are finding it difficult, myself included, to see these auras right.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 954

I'm on xbox. But I also have a 4k uhd hdr tv. 🤷‍♂️

I just assume anymore most in these forums play on pc use TVs as monitors