Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why it look likes that playing killer is so much harder then in 2018

I never play killer because i like to play with my friends

and in the past all the matches that i play as killer i make 4 kills and like 2 gens was done was kind of easy ( probably cuz i was rank 20 )

But now it look like that is so much harder to play ( i am still rank 20 ) and when i say so much harder i am saying that i jump of a level that i do 4 kills and no gen was done and now all gens are done and 2 escape ( i never play as killer the max rank that i got was like 16/17 maybe 18 )

They change the matchmacking system or it just me that regressed

Comments

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417

Both, but also they revamped the matchmaking system. Now there's an arbitrary metric of how you succeeded previously that's accounted for in how you're matched xDD so you could be given easier players at green, and harder brownies.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

MM doesn't really exist. It tries to find someone your rank but after enough time has passed it will toss you the first people available. Fairness be damned. Plus red ranks are saturated with survivors that don't belong there ever since they nerfed ruin long ago. So killers are more likely to be paired against reds regardless of rank.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Simple, survivors are getting better and killer keeps getting nerfed.

With so many streamers, and swfs practicing in kyf, survivors are coming into low ranks with much better skills, so your overall quality is getting better at all ranks. Combine that with bhvr being terrified to help killer at all, for fear of offending the whiny survivors, you get a game that's rough on killers of all levels.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Matchmaking didnt get changed, survivors got nerfed, and youre just bad. It was never so easy to play killer.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641
    edited September 2020

@Dwinchester @LetsPlayTogether Ah the common duality of responses on these forums.

While I sit in the camp that the skill floor for playing killer is lower than ever (combined with my opinion that most players on both sides are just generally bad at the game) it's still relatively easy for new survivors to "succeed" just by holding M1 on generators, Hold W on chases then M1 again on exit gates to get that "2 escape" if you're not playing efficiently as the killer.

Perhaps you were getting more flighty survivors in your games back in 2018 purely by luck who would stop all objectives unless there was no Terror Radius and the killer was visibly in line of sight on the opposite side of the map a minimum of 80m away... hard to lose these matches

Post edited by ZCerebrate on
  • Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

*flashbacks of almost getting a hit but getting stunned for pallet vacuum*

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

in 2019-2018 killers have old ruin, billy, nurse, spirit with other killers to stay in red rank u have to heavy camp and tunnel. Yes we have some balance in map but not all maps, neft MoM and insta heal.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
  • Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

All comes down to gen speed. The gen rush meta is new, and new killers have issues.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Gen rush has always been meta. Back then ruin actually slowed them down. Now ruin only stops gens that arent being worked on.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited September 2020

Because the pool of veteran/experienced survivors is so much larger now. They’ve learned how to waste a lot of the killers time at every tile.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

People expect more out of killers nowadays and there's more options. Back in yonder day an infinite was solved by bear trapping the window, blocking it with invis wraith, zooming around as Hillbilly or blinking over it as nurse. A lot of killers just don't have that kind of area denial so infinites had to go. Then windows blocked by the Entity etc.

I do wonder sometimes how I did as well as I did back then. It's easier now but at the same time it's not for both sides.