Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pop Nerf

Strange_
Strange_ Member Posts: 17
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

As a survivor main, I have to ask was that really needed? Pop is fine at 60 seconds. Why does it needs to be nerfed into the unusable category? Discuss!

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020

It's not unusable, but it didn't need this nerf. A better idea would have been to take 5% from Pop's regression (so from 25% to 20%) and give it to regular gen kicks (regular gen kicks do pretty much nothing). The duration was fine and was a huge help to low mobility Killers.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

It's still a great perk.

Even with the reduced duration you can reach any gen on the map very easily.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I don't think it needed the nerf at all, but most of the time if I'm using Pop I use it within the first 15 seconds anyways. All things considered, it could've been a lot worse.

• Strange_
    Strange_ Member Posts: 17

I feel like that's only true for high mobility killers.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Nope,even if you would just walk with the nurse and didn't even blink once you could reach any gen on the map that is about 170 metres away from the hook.

This change did absolutely nothing

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

It is still a very strong perk. It still does everything it was intended to do.

It adds just a little bit of strategy to it as now you can't enter and win a chase . Down another survivor. Use pop and have another one on standby with the slug.

I mean high mobility killers probably still can, but others will have to decide on entering chase or kicking a genny.

Similar to how the toolboxes were nerfed to make them more strategic.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I used the previous tier 1 of Pop a lot (I’m still levelling up many of my killers since I switched to PC) and 45 seconds has always been more than enough time for me.

It sucks that my tier 1 killers will now be down to 35 seconds but Pop is still a very viable perk. The nerf didn’t change much imo.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789
    edited October 2020

It's still going to be the best individual killer perk in the game after the nerf. The only thing that might make it get played less is the Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer meta. From the forum comments you'd think they cut the timer to 15 seconds.