What's with the SWF Toxicity on PTB?

As the title rhetorically asks, I have encountered an ample amount of SWF toxicity on the PTB. I really can't understand why people would bring such behavior into the test server, it just doesn't make sense. Well... then again, it also doesn't make sense to bring it into the main game. I am glad Dead by Daylight is starting to become more balanced, hopefully when it is as close as possible to being fully balanced, then the entitled arrogant individuals I have encountered will have theirs and others skill put to the test instead of having a no skill required system to fall back on that makes them as they are. In my opinion you have an excuse to be arrogant when you are actually skilled at the game, not when it gives you almost everything to win. This is indeed a rant, I apologize as this probably wasn't helpful in retrospect. I'll probably not be playing this game much until it has reached its full potential (hopefully soon), as I run into this issue in quite the abundance to actually have any kind of enjoyment.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

People are toxic as always. Problem on the PTB is, that all ranks are mixed. So the toxic ones have it even easier to ruin the whole game experience for everyone else.
    I don´t know why they would do that. But they sure seem to enjoy it.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

People are toxic for one reason :
    Because they can.
    And more so on the PTB because losing items there isn't making them to lose it on the live server, so there is very little consequences and they can go all out on the BNPs, insta-heals, and flashlights (that are not toxic themselves, but breed toxicity.)

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Since it's a PTB it "doesn't matter" according to the trolls.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@TheSkreechingDeath said:
    As the title rhetorically asks, I have encountered an ample amount of SWF toxicity on the PTB. I really can't understand why people would bring such behavior into the test server, it just doesn't make sense. Well... then again, it also doesn't make sense to bring it into the main game. I am glad Dead by Daylight is starting to become more balanced, hopefully when it is as close as possible to being fully balanced, then the entitled arrogant individuals I have encountered will have theirs and others skill put to the test instead of having a no skill required system to fall back on that makes them as they are. In my opinion you have an excuse to be arrogant when you are actually skilled at the game, not when it gives you almost everything to win. This is indeed a rant, I apologize as this probably wasn't helpful in retrospect. I'll probably not be playing this game much until it has reached its full potential (hopefully soon), as I run into this issue in quite the abundance to actually have any kind of enjoyment.

You will find people like that all around the internet. Not any different from both test and live.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

Either you are unlucky or i am lucky, because I wish I could always be on the PTB. On main I get toxic SWF groups that I swear use a speed hack or lag switch at least once in the match every 5 games at LEAST. But in the PTB however, I only find these kinds of lobbies every 15 games or so. Much better for me.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Casual players probably aren't playing the ptb.

Tryhards and enthusiasts are.
  • TheSkreechingDeath
    TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36

@RagingCalm That's unfortunate. My sympathies.

• Sr_Nova
    Sr_Nova Member Posts: 4
    I played maybe a days worth of the PTB and in doing so, encountered a handful of times where there was toxic gameplay from the killer’s end. I didn’t get it at first, especially it being a PTB but later understood that’s the nature of the beast: give trolls a place to run rampant to do their worst, and they will most definitely do so. 

That goes for both sides of the DBD coin: survivors and killers.
  • projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671
    edited June 2018

The real question you should be asking yourself? Why is the developer allowing this?

I cant even play the PTB because its WAY more toxic than live. 90% of my games have been a headache. Why are they allowing such headaches? After match BMing, name calling, no way to report. oh? close the chat? huehue. that doesn't solve anything, that ignores it. You know what happens when you ignore a cut? It can become infectious.. and kill you. It's screams BHVR doesn't care about the people intentionally ruining the game. People feel the need to stroke their ego by belittling others, but will be quick to cry and call out anyone who retaliates and is successful.

Playing killer? odds are you will get Looped for 5 minutes, all gens done? teabag, BM haha ez. Why should i switch targets? show me a licensed killer who got looped in their movie and everyone got away. I'll wait.

Survivor? You can show unlimited amounts of respect. Not looping, not teabagging, just playing and odds are, if youre found, you might as well deadhook because they aren't moving very far away from you at all. I mean, i'll give my team the time it needs, unless theyre all gathered by the hook waiting, then i'm going to just kill myself and move on.

The only time this game is hard is when you're playing killer above rank 16 or playing SOLO. SWF has so many advantages, i had a 80%+ survival rate last year prior to strictly playing solo(tbh i got tired of hearing people's TV in my ear as it drove me to Madness Tier 4). After that, I learned to respect both roles. Both sides want an end to toxicity. But removing the ability to report other players was a bad move. Maybe hire a few people to answer and review those emails. As much as I love the game, there are too many people getting away with a higher level of toxicity than is really necessary...

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:
    Since it's a PTB it "doesn't matter" according to the trolls.

Does it matter what font color I use. It’s just a forum /ssssssss

• SuperRavenSn1per
    SuperRavenSn1per Member Posts: 34

Because it's the PTB and they say it doesn't matter.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    edited June 2018

SWF are toxic in general. They play the game to team up with their friends and bully the killer who is all alone. Because it gives them a higher winrate, they start to feel entitled to victory, but at the same time are bored by it, so tormenting the killer (and any solo-queue survivors they may be paired with) is the only way for them to have fun, and they become furious when they fail to do so.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    I've run into a 3 man SWF labeled Chika1, Chika2, and Chika3 and since I was winning and only 2 were left, I followed the Claud Chika into a corner where they DC'd so the last remaining one could get the hatch. Also don't play against a player named finger lickin good or clownin around because he's one of the biggest mechanic abusers ever. I dodge him due to how toxic he is.

Just dodge in lobby, there is a reason why devs left the option to leave the lobby :wink:
    I really hope that they will adress the SWF issue soon, but I doubt it

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Master said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    I've run into a 3 man SWF labeled Chika1, Chika2, and Chika3 and since I was winning and only 2 were left, I followed the Claud Chika into a corner where they DC'd so the last remaining one could get the hatch. Also don't play against a player named finger lickin good or clownin around because he's one of the biggest mechanic abusers ever. I dodge him due to how toxic he is.

Just dodge in lobby, there is a reason why devs left the option to leave the lobby :wink:

I thought I said I dodge? >.> But yeah the devs aren't gonna do anything about it. They are just gonna focus on cosmetics and try to milk players out of money for the auric cells and completely ignore the balance issues. I'm calling it right now. Let's see what gets more updates; the store? Or the game itself?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Master said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

I thought I said I dodge? >.> But yeah the devs aren't gonna do anything about it. They are just gonna focus on cosmetics and try to milk players out of money for the auric cells and completely ignore the balance issues. I'm calling it right now. Let's see what gets more updates; the store? Or the game itself?

2.0 gives the answer already
    The new map isnt even a new map, only a reskin of an old one
    Clown mediocre at best
    Even talking aabout cosmetics, suvivor cosmetics have been given a lot more love to than kiler ones....

they just cater the game towards 80% of the playerbase and hope that there will be always a fool to play killer

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Master said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Master said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

2.0 gives the answer already
    The new map isnt even a new map, only a reskin of an old one
    Clown mediocre at best
    Even talking aabout cosmetics, suvivor cosmetics have been given a lot more love to than kiler ones....

they just cater the game towards 80% of the playerbase and hope that there will be always a fool to play killer

Sadly I'm the fool that plays Killer. But that's only because I have hope. But soon enough I'm gonna drop it. I feel it.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited June 2018

You're taking the behaviour to heart. Stay humble. Say gg. Show em who's boss in-match. Move on and play another match. Saying you get offended by teabagging to begin with shows the sensitivity towards attitude that you'll end up forgetting about.

• iOrangeStain
    iOrangeStain Member Posts: 81

I wish stuff from the PTB saved - because if it did - Press F To Pay Respects.

o Pay Respects.