Only thing that makes me tilt.

Options
kaeru
kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I'm a killer main but I play survivor for challenges. As killer I don't care about anything survivors can have against me. SWF, OoO, keys, Teabags and Clicks, any sort of BM. It's never make me mad. As survivor I don't care about camping, tunneling, slugging, incompitent or selfish teammates. It's not nice but it never makes me mad either. I understand and accept all of this things.

But one thing make me hate killer player personaly is a mori after first hook. This is ridiculously scummy. It feels so unfair. Why devs allow this to be in game? Keys doesn't feel so unfair because survivor only can escape when they amost lose or when game almost ended. But first hook mori ends the game right from beginning. How do I suppose to have fun when I lose at the game start? What should I learn from game like this? Don't get downed twice? Be a god tier looper? Hook stages is a valuable resource for whole team. Get rid of one player at 4 gens left and it's unwinnable for survivors, unless killer is potato.

Never thought I will make a rant post because there is no such things in this game that make me feel this helpless. Most killers don't use mori because they want to play a normal match without survivors disconnect or suicide on first hook. And it's not realy healthy for the game to have such things.

Comments

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,097
    Options

I personally have the feeling that moria are a relict from the dark ages of this game when survivor still could run Indizes.and have permanent hook sabo squads. Then they removed these unfair mechanics one after another and changed mori to the after a hook mechanic we have now.

But I think they didn't/couldn't remove them because those individual mori animations were a financial investment as well as a selling point for the killer side.

This topic resurfaces every few days/weeks and moris should be changed to an alternative to death hooks so that the time works on those animations was not wasted and people can still appreciate them outside of rancor or devour hope.

• kaeru
    Options

I'm not saying mori should be removed. But why it should be available from first hook? You can just bring mori to win. Not because you played good, not because your opponents played bad. But because you bring an offering. If it required second stage, it would be relatively fair. Why it takes so long to realise?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,097
    Options

I didn't take long to realize but the devs just don't react to some feedback the same in terms of aknowledgement and change speed.

A good example would be iri huntress, just deactivate the addon for the time being until they have a solution but instead they don't do anything.

The community is asking for key and moris changes for more than a year already from both sides for both items.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

That’s an add on he has called Judith’s Tombstone, or Tombstone Piece. It seems incredibly strong (and in some situations it is) but he has to stalk for a long time to get it.

Good news is that he’s the only killer who can do it, so once you know about it you can watch out for it.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

Good on you, truly, for having the mindset that you do because it seems pretty rare around here for people to be able to set aside their emotions when it comes to tunneling, camping, etc. People absolutely lose their minds over it.

Personally, I only do a Mori if there's a challenge for it, otherwise I play normally but, are mori's really that common in your experience? I've been playing a month now and I don't think it's ever happened to me yet. I've only done it once (as mentioned, for a challenge with Nurse).

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    Options

Mori is overrated, i usually do 2 hooks then mori if I brought it, I dunno why people complaining I don't mind being killed by a mori either after first hook unless he tunneled I bought the team a minimum of 5min more if he didn't tunnel that's enough for all 5 gens

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I don't really have a problem with the Mori as they stand now, but in fairness I decided to play Devil's Advocate and made the following suggestion on how I would tweak them (you will note I don't say Nerf).

Ebony Memento Mori:

4 Hooks = Unlocks 1 Mori

5 Hooks = Unlocks 2 Mori

6 Hooks = Unlocks 3 Mori

7 Hooks = Unlocks 4 Mori

*In this case, no Mori can be attempted until at least (4) Hooks have taken place. They will work on anyone, whether they have been previously hooked or not. This design ensures there is no instant reduction from 4v1 to 3v1 without some effort, and it strongly encourages other Survivors to work as a Team to prevent hooks with shoulder rescues (blind, pallets, protection hits, sabotage, etc.) because staving off hooks protects them as well. *It would also require at least three more Hooks totals than are required right now.

I wouldn't change either the Green or Yellow Mori at all as they are fine.

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477
    Options

Yeah not a killer main. Profile pic and post history proves that much...

• kaeru
    Options

I feel like i've been heard! Devs changed mori conditions! But I also heard how much time it take to make a tiny change so it's probably just a coincidence.

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613
    Options

this (i am a killer main but think survivor run speed should be faster)