The RE universe is ######### in the DBD multiverse.

Options
grayon444
grayon444 Member Posts: 757

So we all know DBD is not canon to the Resident Evil universe but its canon to its own universe.

And the most important people were taken.Jill and Leon.

Jills plan to expose Umbrella was ruined by the entity.

Raccoon City would still be nuked and Umbrella will continue their ways.Events of RE4 dont happen, idk about 5 and maybe RE7 and 8 do occur.(Protagonist is not related to OG RE story)

The RE universe is so interesting and im so glad we finally have it here along with other universes.

Comments

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    Options

resident evil 6 wouldn't happen either since Leon is not there along with Helena and the others,idk about Chris though,Revelations 1 too since Jill is in the entity realm.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

How do you know they weren't taken after their roles in the current games and the only reason they look as they do is because those were the models they were given to work with and from the games they wanted to take from? Cheryl looks as she did in Silent Hill 3 but her lore technically takes place after the fact.

• grayon444
    Options

Because the Jill we have is from the RE3 remake.Its basically from the OG story line.

She is still a S.T.A.R.S member in DBD and we still do not have her lore so i cant say for sure when she was taken.

But why would she be taken after her last appearance in the games?We dont even know if she is even alive in RE8 (Of course she is but still)

• ChurchofPig
    edited May 2021
    Options

You didn't answer my question. You basically just said "Because I know". How do you know? What lore tells you these things? We don't have lore on any characters in this chapter yet.

The Cheryl we have is from Silent Hill 3, but lore states that she was taken some time after her job was done as a Silent Hill character. From what I know, every licensed character taken was taken after their time in their franchise timeline was done (I'm excluding Halloween from this though because Halloween has like 7 different time lines).

• grayon444
    Options

I have not read the Silent hill lore i cant tell you but it doesnt make sense for Jill to be taken after her role was done.She was taken from the events of RE3.

• ChurchofPig
    edited May 2021
    Options

You didn't answer my question. Again. Tell me how you know she was taken from the events of RE3 with absolutely no lore in Dead by Daylight suggesting this other than her model. Which as we know, the devs like to use cosmetics that we recognize as the base for licensed characters so base cosmetics is not a reason.

Again: We have NO LORE IN DEAD BY DAYLIGHT FOR THE NEW CHARACTERS

I'm not trying to be rude, but I literally asked a simple question and you're refusing to answer it by answering with the same thing that made me ask in the first place. That doesn't answer my question.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    edited May 2021
    Options

An explanation would be that they at some point manage to escape the Fog, returning to where they came from only fractions of a second after they were taken.

Cause if we know anything 'bout the Fog then it's that it doesn't follow the same rules of time and space as the real world. Sometimes people go missing for weeks, sure (see Jake or Claudette), but it doesn't mean returning a microsecond after being taken is impossible.

• grayon444
    Options

BRUH ITS RE3 JILL WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?????????????LIKE WHY WOULD THEY ADD RE5 JILL FOR EXAMPLE WITH RE3 CLOTHES IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.THE BASE JILL WE HAVE NOW HAS THE DEFAULT OUTFIT IN RE3 REMAKE SO IT MEANS THAT SHE IS TAKEN FROM RE3.ONLY DEFAULT OUTFITS ARE CANON TO DBD AND NOT THE FUTURE COSMETICS WE ARE GONNA GET FOR HER.WE DONT NEED THE LORE TO KNOW SHE IS FROM RE3.

Do you finally finally understand or should i just stop replying to you?

• ChurchofPig
    Options

I understand she's wearing her RE3 cosmetics. I understand that. That's not what I'm talking about though.

True or False: The Resident Evil 3 Remake is the most recent appearance of Jill Valentine and most people would recognize it?

I'd say that's true.

True or False: Behavior likes using cosmetics for base licensed characters cosmetics that people will know and will be like "Yeah that's whoever"?

I'd say that's true.

I have no [bad word] idea what Jill looked like in Resident Evil 5. Honestly I didn't know she was even part of the game. (I'm not an expert of RE and a fairly new fan to the franchise) So why would they make her base a cosmetic that people who are new to RE but maybe know some of the characters, wouldn't recognize?

That's my argument to why her wearing her RE3 stars outfit does not necessarily mean she's from RE3. Anyone can go in their closet and pull out an old outfit that still fits them. If I went in my closet and picked out something I wore 3 years ago and then was taken into the fog, that doesn't mean I'm the version of me from 3 years ago it just means I'm wearing clothes from 3 years ago.

Nancy and Steve have bases that are from Season 1 of Stranger Things and I don't think they ever wore them again. That doesn't mean Nancy and Steve were taken after that season therefore Seasons 2, 3, and soon to be 4 don't make sense because they should be in Dead by Daylight. Also, their lore even has a reason that makes sense. The events of Stranger Things were over and they just happened to be wearing those outfits.

Also, like @MeltingPenguins said, even if they were taken right after the events of RE3, they could have somehow found a way out of the fog and landed back in their respective universe milliseconds after they were taken.

Literally as far as I'm reading from what you've said, you have no argument that both Dead by Daylight and Resident Evil contradict each others lore and games because basing that off of cosmetics has never turned out to be accurate for any franchise. I don't necessarily think you're wrong. I just want lore evidence for why you think this since you put this under the lore section. Instead you're going with the reasoning that can be worked around to explain how the events of the franchise still played out yet they look like this in the fog.

I'd also like to argue that they chose RE3 cosmetics because they took from RE2 and RE3 as seen by Leon and the map representing 2 and Jill and Nemesis representing 3. You could also argue they're pulling a Halloween on us where it's an alternate version of the story yet events still played out similarly, they just ended differently. That's completely possible and therefore you would be correct.

Maybe that cleared up why I'm asking, maybe it didn't and I still sound like an idiot to you (btw that's extremely rude making it sound like I'm an idiot when you're not explaining how a part of the game that's almost never explained by lore relates to a post about lore as an explanation, the entity makes you wear what it wants, that's literally proven by the cosmetics in the shop that make no sense according to lore)

• Jade_Merrydown
    Jade_Merrydown Member Posts: 5
    Options

DBD lore happens in a differnt universe, nothing saying that the RE survivors in DBD are also from a differnt universe to the proper RE time line.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,986
    Options

Different universes, i think. I remember some lore bit in the game that said the entity took from multiple different universes, something about a drink from terra 256 or somethiong

• kirometoro
    kirometoro Member Posts: 3
    Options

It's pretty much guaranteed that it is RE3 Jill who was taken, as her bio mentions her fighting Nemesis right before the fog took her. Nemesis died along with Raccoon City so it'd be the only time. RE5 Jill was much older and she was blonde, so it wouldn't just be her wearing her old clothes anyways.

I don't know what we can really trust regardless when Behavior can't even do the proper research when adding these characters. Jill's bio is still wrong, saying that she is a founding member of STARS. Which she wasn't. She co-founded the BSAA with Chris. Leon's lore for his RE4 outfit is wrong also, saying that he went after Umbrella in it, which he never did. It's his outfit when he went to Spain to find the president's daughter. Jill, Chris, and Claire were the only ones who went on to go after Umbrella (if we don't count the mangas)

• ChurchofPig
    Options

Well yes now it's basically confirmed, but when this was posted and I made this comment, it was not confirmed.

• Ashreave
    Ashreave Member Posts: 139
    Options

I mean it's implied that the Entity likes it's victims with a little history flavouring so I don't see why it would not let them uncover conspiracies and then take them.