Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tinkerer is annoying, but it's not OP and here's why.

Ever since the change that was made to the perk from being awful to being a staple in much of the killer meta. It has amazing synergy with some powers mainly Blighted Corruption and Chainsaw. As well perk synergy with Ruin and PGTW. But, it has become an arch nemesis of many. Calling for a cooldown or anything else. I've done this before explaining why BBQ and Doctor weren't OP. And I will do the same here.

1.Too much perk synergy. While it's true that it has great Synergy with PGTW and Ruin-Undying I would consider this OP. But PGTW was nerfed so slower killers chances of reaching that far gen to Pop it are gone and now people will incentivize kicking the gen instead of downing the other survivor and having another PGTW ready to go. And the mobility killers who could reach it before still reach it now it's made no difference for them. And the same goes with Ruin + Undying the old combo could've been proven has OP on the chance you'd have to do 5 bones to eliminate Ruin but that's gone and now it's only takes two bones to lose two perks even a Solo Q game can easily eliminate two bones. People still act like Tinkerer has old PGTW or Ruin-Undying to make it overbearing. But they aren't, Tinkerer doesn't have those anymore. Yeah there's Surge and Oppression but they could use some improvements

2.Too much killer synergy, like the perks it has great synergy with mobility killers in particular Blight, Hillbilly, Nurse, and Wraith. And possibly Freddy if teleport is ready or Demogorgon if he placed a portal nearby and Oni if you're risky. While this is true. No perk should be judged for the epic synergy it has with a perk. Other wise we'll have to nerf Stridor because it's only good on one killer. Or Iron Maiden because it has synergy with two maybe three killers. And except Wraith you'll know they're coming. Blight you'll hear the rushes. Hillbilly unless there's apex muffler which still isn't good you'll hear him coming. Nurse her screaming. Freddy blood from gens, and Demogorgon everything, Oni his roar but a risk. Only Wraith can get a good sneak up. And every other killer is too slow to reach a gen in time. Tinkerer is a joke on 4.4s.

3.It takes nothing to use it. Well yeah but most perks don't require you to do much. Sloppy Butcher you just hit someone. BT just unhook someone. BBQ just hook someone. Dead Hard just push E. And so on. And Tinkerer isn't that different from most perks. In which you just gotta bring it.

4.Tinkerer is a regression perk. No it's not it's a tracking perk I hear that a lot but remember it's a tracking perk it has no de-buffs to you. In tier 3 once a gen reaches 70% completion it notifies the killer and gives undetectable for 16 seconds.

5.There's no counter. Yes there is. You can place yourself on a gen that's in a safe position where you can see far and next to a good pallet or window. As well, you can play around it by triggering it to the 70 and then leave or wait a little bit longer this will mislead the killer. And once he leaves you can hop back on. And on many maps the gens will be hard to get to and simply too hard for the killer to get to in time.

6.There'll be a 3 gen. You have to be aware of the possibility of a three gen. Tinkerer or not. You should be spacing the gens regardless of if there's Tinkerer or not.

That's my reasons why I believe Tinkerer isn't a OP perk great perk with good synergies, but there's ways in game that doesn't require a perk or add-on to counter. And simply basic game knowledge will keep you safe. Disagree if you want just keep the conversation focused on the topic Tinkerer.

Comments