We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

We're Gonna Live Forever needs a buff

So we all know that "We're Gonna Live Forever" is the survivor version of BBQNC. But the difference is that BBQNC is REALLY GOOD because it not only gives the blood point bonus but it also gives a great aura revealing ability. WGLF gives you literally NOTHING but the extra blood points.

My suggestion. Add this ability to WGLF. When unhooking a player they leave no scratch marks for 4 seconds at tier 3 level. This way the perk is actually somewhat useful to a survivor. Right now a survivor literally has to give up a perk just to get extra blood points and it only encourages farming teammates. This would at lease help the farmed teammates survive off the hook when they are being tunneled.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,802
    Wolf74 said:

Not this crap debate again.
    Does this forum have a search function?
    WGLF got nerfed and BBQ got buffed to BALANCE things.
    Now they are good.

? BBQ got nerfed when they made generator auras darker. WGLF getting nerfed has nothing to do with balance, it was nerfed because getting 200% more BP was absurd and people went out of their way to make horrible plays because 4 unhooks netted you 4.5k BP in addition to the 3x BP you got for everything else. 
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,711
    Get hooked
    Get unhooked by WGLF
    Use free Sprint Burst reset to escape
    No scratch marks
    ???
    Fair and balanced!
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Eh, just buff it by making healing survivors giving tokens as well, something that should've been done from the start
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Wolf74 said:

Now they are good.

Are you mental mate? What has the BP bonus nerf of WGLF anything to do with gameplay balance? Get your ######### together and don't act like a smartass if you don't know those basics. 
    Survivors doing hook farms = unbalanced. 
    Nothing mental behind this.

But please, go ahead and buff We gonna farm forever to it's old bonus. 
    I'll just relax and watch how people complain about getting farmed all the time. 
  • Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

"Just watch all the farming"

but but but mr killers... i thought only swf people played the game? i..i...i thought only 4man tactical swf swat teams who only run meta perks play the game, farming would be kept to a minimum because only 4man swfs play tho.

@Tsulan said:

Ehhh, while it's unsportsmanlike it isn't unbalanced, it just shows you don't actually know what balance/unbalance actually means tbh.

I'll just relax and watch how people complain about getting farmed all the time. 

As opposed to all the complaining people do anyway? Regardless of if people run WGLF or not the person will farm for the points anyway

Sure, go ahead and buff it. I'll enjoy the show, just as much as I enjoyed it when it was released. 
    That was the moment we got 45+ minute queues as survivors. Which could shift the queues for killers positively. 

So pretty pretty please, buff it!
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited November 2018
    Tsulan said:
    Wolf74 said:

Now they are good.

Are you mental mate? What has the BP bonus nerf of WGLF anything to do with gameplay balance? Get your ######### together and don't act like a smartass if you don't know those basics. 

Unbelievable how basic logic doesn't work here. The balance of a perk has nothing to do witb bad plays of the players. By that logic, perks like bond are unbalanced aswell, cuz you can show the killer a survivor hiding in the locker. 
    How old are people here, seriously? I read so much bullshit from people without any logic behind, it feels like the average age is 12 years old. Insane, bloody insane...
    Post edited by Mandy on
  • Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    Sure, go ahead and buff it. I'll enjoy the show, just as much as I enjoyed it when it was released. 
    That was the moment we got 45+ minute queues as survivors. Which could shift the queues for killers positively. 

So pretty pretty please, buff it!

I never had queue issues when they released it, I think you just make up problems.

"It's unbalanced" LOOOOOOOOOOL
    Yea, buffing a bloodpoint only perk is unbalanced.

You can't make this stuff up.

Oh my bad. I was just trying to defend wolf's point of view. 
    Of course it's not "unbalanced" per se.
    It just shows how greedy people really are. 
    And who could blame them?!

Here is just a quick search on the steam forum:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1474221865191870457/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1474221865204968896/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1474222499227930530/

All around the same date. But sure, I'm as always, making things up.
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Tsulan said:

Yea, July really seems like september.

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

Yea, July really seems like september.

Now be a good boy, and search when they nerfed WGLF.
  • Seanzu

@Tsulan said:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/2765630416810027665/

So 12 day old posts about lobbies being slow equates to a nerf 12 days later? Ok Tsulan.

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/2765630416810027665/

So 12 day old posts about lobbies being slow equates to a nerf 12 days later? Ok Tsulan.

Oh so they nerfed WGLF after the survivor complaints? Really, what a surprise. 

Is it so hard to admit that i proved something? You'll always negate everything I say. Doesn't matter how solid the proof is. Like a personal vendetta or something. 
  • Seanzu
    edited November 2018

@Tsulan said:

Is it so hard to admit that i proved something? You'll always negate everything I say. Doesn't matter how solid the proof is. Like a personal vendetta or something. 

Yea man, they saw 3 posts about lobbies being slow and decided "heck maybe it's that 200% more bloodpoints perk we added in a month ago.

You never prove anything, remember when you said you'd prove the developers lied about stats and then didn't provide any proof what so ever?

Yea, you have a track record of lying, and when you finally get something right maybe I'll reward you with that gold star you think you deserve.

Lets not pretend this game hasn't always had lobby issues as well, and pretend it's only down to perks

-insert facepalm

Just like when a new killer comes out people go and play that for a bit and go back, lets not pretend if this buff were to create lobby issues (hint: it wont) that it wouldn't be fixed after a couple of days when people go back to playing normally

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/search/?q=Queue+Time&sort=time

Woooow, it's almost as if people are always complaining about queue time, I guess they must have recently buffed WGLF or something.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@harley_gibson said:
    So we all know that "We're Gonna Live Forever" is the survivor version of BBQNC. But the difference is that BBQNC is REALLY GOOD because it not only gives the blood point bonus but it also gives a great aura revealing ability. WGLF gives you literally NOTHING but the extra blood points.

My suggestion. Add this ability to WGLF. When unhooking a player they leave no scratch marks for 4 seconds at tier 3 level. This way the perk is actually somewhat useful to a survivor. Right now a survivor literally has to give up a perk just to get extra blood points and it only encourages farming teammates. This would at lease help the farmed teammates survive off the hook when they are being tunneled.

Go back to 200% too? Any other wishes? :wink:

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

Yea man, they saw 3 posts about lobbies being slow and decided "heck maybe it's that 200% more bloodpoints perk we added in a month ago.

You never prove anything, remember when you said you'd prove the developers lied about stats and then didn't provide any proof what so ever?

Yea, you have a track record of lying, and when you finally get something right maybe I'll reward you with that gold star you think you deserve.

Lets not pretend this game hasn't always had lobby issues as well, and pretend it's only down to perks

-insert facepalm

Just like when a new killer comes out people go and play that for a bit and go back, lets not pretend if this buff were to create lobby issues (hint: it wont) that it wouldn't be fixed after a couple of days when people go back to playing normally

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/search/?q=Queue+Time&sort=time

Woooow, it's almost as if people are always complaining about queue time, I guess they must have recently buffed WGLF or something.

I have a history of lies? Are you kidding me?!

As I said, I just did a quick search and directly got 3 threads. 

But it doesn't matter what i say, you'll just ignore it, call it lies and BM me.
    I'll just stop answering to you from now on. It's not worth the time and effort to try to argue with you.
  • Seanzu

@Tsulan said:
    I have a history of lies? Are you kidding me?!

As I said, I just did a quick search and directly got 3 threads. 

But it doesn't matter what i say, you'll just ignore it, call it lies and BM me.
    I'll just stop answering to you from now on. It's not worth the time and effort to try to argue with you.

None of the "proofs" you provide correlate to anything.

WGLF Released 27th July
    Complaint posts on 2nd, 5th & 6th of September
    WGLF Nerfed on the 14th of Sept.

I search "Long queues" in steam forums and see posts made every day about long queue times, but sure, it must be WGLF related because it happened in the same month.

• ToxicAddiction
    ToxicAddiction Member Posts: 58

You have proven nothing, though... opinions aren’t proof, brainiac.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,616

We're Gonna Live Forever doesn't need a buff.
    Killers have an added bonus because...

1. They are the stronger role. A stronger role needs stronger abilities.
    2. It's to incentivize Killers leaving the hook.

Since Survivors don't NEED an additional bonus, and since 2x BP is way better than what you seem to be thinking, i'm not into the idea of buffing it.
    There's enough ######### Perks that still need buffing WAY more badly than this Perk.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    The aura reading was added for the benefit of the survivors. 
    The entire mechanic of the perk revolves around encouragement to not camp.

It's absolutely not the killers fault an aura doesn't appear because there are close survivors 

• harley_gibson
    harley_gibson Member Posts: 49
    Wolf74 said:

Now they are good.

If they were balanced them people would actually use wglf lol. 

Why would I use a perk that only helps me get more blood points but otherwise does nothing for me? How does that "balance" anything? Lol 

Killers are encouraged not to camp with it, sure. But survivors are encouraged to unhook a teammate even if it's at the expense of the hooked teammate because the killer is still there and hasn't even had the chance to leave the area yet lol
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Killer's perks deserve to be more powerful than survivors', so I accept BBQ has a secondary effect, that is to show far people' Auras, but WGLF should be more effective in giving extra BPs, that is its purpose: now it's too situational, it's improbable to reach four tokens every trial.

Two possible solutions, according to me:
    1) every altruistic action (healing, protecting, bodyblocking, unhooking...) could be stackable, which means to add new actions able to give tokens;
    OR
    2) every stack could give 37,5% bonus, until a maximum of 150%, without including new actions useful to gain tokens.
  • LyrSteam6510
    LyrSteam6510 Member Posts: 24

I actually think this is an amazing idea for the perk whether some people agree or not , what do you think? @fcc2014 @Vietfox
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204

I like the idea of them buffing WGLF but in a different way. How about they add it to random existing perks so that it will solve the problem of WGLF wasting a slot, but at the same time making you use another perk you wouldn't normally use?

• LyrSteam6510
    Wolf74 said:

Now they are good.

Why would I use a perk that only helps me get more blood points but otherwise does nothing for me? How does that "balance" anything? Lol 

Killers are encouraged not to camp with it, sure. But survivors are encouraged to unhook a teammate even if it's at the expense of the hooked teammate because the killer is still there and hasn't even had the chance to leave the area yet lol
    I agree 100% because as the person being unhooked or (with this perk in its current state) farmed , you don’t deserve to die because some ######### wants his stack and doesn’t care if you survive or not and doesn’t have borrowed time more than likely , so it would give it a legitimate use that makes sense with how the perk already operates. Killers will say that survivors are OP but literally your survival can rest in the hand of other survivors even if you’re not found until the last one , all it takes is to play solo and have a three man swf suicide/dc because they were insta downed with 5 gens still left and you’re a dead man whether you were doing good or not .
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Wow... the concept of "balance" seems to be to hard to grasp for some people.

Of course bloodpoints affect ingame balance.
    More BP = better stuff... better items/add ons/offerings.
    Greedy people will farm stacks and queue times will skyrocket.
    Survivor need less BPs anyway, that's why their BP gain perk should generate less.

But like @Tsulan said, go on, buff it.
    I like insta lobbies for killer, so I can dodge all day and cherrypick my lobbies.^^
    But survivor will complain again and ask for more punishments for dodging killer and that the Devs should hide them at the campfire.
    Maybe they get all that, like they usually do.^^

• LyrSteam6510
    Wolf74 said:

Survivor need less BPs anyway, that's why their BP gain perk should generate less.

I like insta lobbies for killer, so I can dodge all day and cherrypick my lobbies.^^
    But survivor will complain again and ask for more punishments for dodging killer and that the Devs should hide them at the campfire.

By the sound of it you already dodge and cherry pick as it is or you wouldn’t say it like that, so what’s the difference? If you want to play lobby simulator be my guest, there are real killers with skill out there ready to play at all times .
  • Wolf74

@LyrSteam6510 said:
    Wolf74 said:

By the sound of it you already dodge and cherry pick as it is or you wouldn’t say it like that, so what’s the difference? If you want to play lobby simulator be my guest, there are real killers with skill out there ready to play at all times .

Learn to read, buddy.
    But nice try to personal attack. yawn

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Wolf74 said:

Now they are good.

At the very least it encourages you to unhook a teammate as opposed to hide and wait for easy escapes.
  • LyrSteam6510
    Wolf74 said:

@LyrSteam6510 said:
    Wolf74 said:

Learn to read, buddy.
    But nice try to personal attack. yawn

I’m not personally attacking anyone , I have zero issue with you or anyone on here I’m simply stating if you want to play lobby simulator and waste your own time go for it , I never understood why people would waste time doing that.
  • Seanzu

@Wolf74 said:

I guess we should remove Bloody Party streamers then because they're clearly the cause of everyones woes, right? lmfao, miss me with this clutching at straws business.

• Wolf74

@SenzuDuck said:

@Wolf74 said:

I guess we should remove Bloody Party streamers then because they're clearly the cause of everyones woes, right? lmfao, miss me with this clutching at straws business.

How did you post relates to the topic?
    You just try to talk against me, just for the sake of being against me?
    Still mad, because showed you that your wrong in another thread?
    Stop embarrassing yourself and stop harassing me. Your boring.

• Seanzu
    edited November 2018

@Wolf74 said:

"Bloodpoints affects balance"
    "Bloodyparty streamers only affect bloodpoints"

"but how does that have anything to do with this"

But once again, the breakdown reply I gave you of why selfcare benefits killers seems to be have ignored by you twice now, so you can't defeat it, that's embarrassing.

If you're bringing it up again, I'll ask you again - would you rather a survivor be healed in 16 seconds or 32? I'm curious, you refuse to answer this, why?

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Why do discussions on this forum always end up like this?

• Seanzu

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Because people get upset when you ask questions that invalidate their silly points.

"Bloodpoints cause unbalance."
    So remove BPS because they only affect bloodpoints
    "REEEEE what has that got to do with bloodpoints balancing the game"

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    WGLF doesn't need a buff. But a buff would be nice. I think a safe unhook should reward an additional token, and/or healing other people the equivalent of one full health state should reward one. I'm not saying the tokens are hard to get I'm saying that this change makes people who use it less likely to try to farm someone.
  • ShrimpTwiggs

@SenzuDuck said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Because people get upset when you ask questions that invalidate their silly points.

"Bloodpoints cause unbalance."
    So remove BPS because they only affect bloodpoints
    "REEEEE what has that got to do with bloodpoints balancing the game"

I think the difference on that front has to do with the fact that both sides can get BPS but the survivor version of a bloodpoint perk is inferior to the killer version. I wouldn't mind a bit of a buff to WGLF. It would help with the queue times during bloodhunt events.

• Seanzu

@ShrimpTwiggs said:
    I think the difference on that front has to do with the fact that both sides can get BPS but the survivor version of a bloodpoint perk is inferior to the killer version. I wouldn't mind a bit of a buff to WGLF. It would help with the queue times during bloodhunt events.

Except killers have the most used BP sided perk in the game, BBQ.
    But no one here is going to argue to make it weaker

• harley_gibson
    harley_gibson Member Posts: 49
    Raccoon said:
    Get hooked
    Get unhooked by WGLF
    Use free Sprint Burst reset to escape
    No scratch marks
    ???
    Fair and balanced!
    At least Sprint burst would actually be good for something again lol

Tsulan said:
    Wolf74 said:

Now they are good.

Lmao how stupid is this community sometimes? Unbelievable how basic logic doesn't work here. The balance of a perk has nothing to do witb bad plays of the players. By that logic, perks like bond are unbalanced aswell, cuz you can show the killer a survivor hiding in the locker. 
    How old are people here, seriously? I read so much bullshit from people without any logic behind, it feels like the average age is 12 years old. Insane, bloody insane...
    Ok, look, even if you ignore the plays of other players then it's still fair to compare it to it's killers counterpart. All I'm saying is the perk only helps with bp and literally nothing else. It's be nice if it offered some kind of help or benefit to surviving in one way or another. 

And as for one final point... 

I don't care when and why any nerfs or buffs were put in place. That doesn't matter in the least when exploring the current state of the game and the Potential changes needed going forward. 

This post wasn't made to be a "whine" or "complaint". It was made to be a legitimate discussion as to whether or not people would finally start using this more again. Because as far as survivors go you need a great game and an escape to match how many blood points a killer gets in a single match. 

I play both sides a lot. During events I go exclusively killer and bbqc helps make that life grand. 
  • ShrimpTwiggs

@SenzuDuck said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

Except killers have the most used BP sided perk in the game, BBQ.
    But no one here is going to argue to make it weaker

I'm all for a bit of a buff to WGLF. As for a nerf to BBQ, I'm undecided. It's only a bit of an issue on high mobility killers like Billy and Nurse.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,906

I actually like the OP's suggestion. No scratch marks for a couple seconds after an unhook is a pretty small and reasonable bonus. The bigger issue with WGLF to me is the way tokens are gained though. Killers gain their bonus when they hook each survivor which makes sense as killing the survivors is their objective. Likewise, survivors should gain tokens for accomplishing their objective. Namely finishing generators. This is what I would like to see it changed to:

We're Gonna Live Forever- Your few friends deserve to escape. Each time a generator is completed gain a 10/15/20% stackable bonus to all bloodpoint gains to a maximum of 50/75/100%. Whenever you unhook a survivor, both you and the unhooked survivor don't leave scratch marks for 3/4/5 seconds.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2018

@Dreamnomad said:
    I actually like the OP's suggestion. No scratch marks for a couple seconds after an unhook is a pretty small and reasonable bonus.

...There is nothing "small" or "reasonable" about that. Let's think about this for a second. There is another perk that temporarily removes scratch marks; Dance With Me, and that is literally it's only function and it is highly situational because chances are you are procing it while already in a chase. Removing scratch marks is most useful when not in a chase because that is when the killer most likely does not have visual on the survivor and thus depends on the scratch marks. The latter is what you're asking for, every time you are unhooked. That would simply result in more camping (justifiably so).

Furthermore, a survivor team has a total of 16 perk slots compared to the killer's 4. That is why BBQ & Chili is allowed to have a secondary affect. No killer in his right mind would remove 1/4th of his perks and take BBQ & Chili in a "try hard" match if it only provided extra BP whereas survivors, who already have a strong enough base kit to not be perk dependent, still take WGLF and don't see much of a drawback considering there are potentially 15 other perk slots on their team.

I will concede though, that making the tokens easier to obtain is reasonable. WGLF depends on your team playing bad / the killer playing good whereas BBQ & Chili is only dependent on the killer playing good. Gen repair should contribute to obtaining a token in some form.

• Wolf74

@SenzuDuck said:

@Wolf74 said:

"Bloodpoints affects balance"
    "Bloodyparty streamers only affect bloodpoints"

"but how does that have anything to do with this"

But once again, the breakdown reply I gave you of why selfcare benefits killers seems to be have ignored by you twice now, so you can't defeat it, that's embarrassing.

If you're bringing it up again, I'll ask you again - would you rather a survivor be healed in 16 seconds or 32? I'm curious, you refuse to answer this, why?

Did I ignore it? I am not sure, but at some point I always quit repeating myself, because I can't explain it again and again. I only repeat myself over and over and you always go back to you original nonsense.
    And anytime I am done, you proclaim yourself the winner.
    We have been through that 3 times now and I am sure you will bring it again more times.
    Maybe I should just save my answer so that I can repost it every time you bring that crap up.
    (1 survivor heals another for 16 seconds = 2 survivor have not done objectives for 16 seconds; 2x16 = 32 seconds vs 1 survivor heals himself for 32 seconds = 1 survivor has not done objectives for 32 seconds; 1x32 = 32)

Partystreamer (and anything that increase BPs) is an OFFERING.
    Anybody can use them along his regular loadout.
    It's not a PERK.
    Don't compare apple with oranges.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

It's because the game has two sides such as killer and survivor. :)

WGLF: You wanna make sure that everyone can escape successfully. Every time you repair the equivalent of a generator, heal the equivalent of a health state, safe unhook a survivor, or stun the killer with a pallet, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. Every token will grant a 20% bonus bloodpoints post-trial and a 1% haste status effect.

Basically I combined Hope and WGLF since hope feels underwhelming.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Nickenzie said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

It's because the game has two sides such as killer and survivor. :)

WGLF: You wanna make sure that everyone can escape successfully. Every time you repair the equivalent of a generator, heal the equivalent of a health state, safe unhook a survivor, or stun the killer with a pallet, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. Every token will grant a 20% bonus bloodpoints post-trial and a 1% haste status effect.

Basically I combined Hope and WGLF since hope feels underwhelming.

wglf should give you a stackable 100% bloodpoint increase for ever surviovor that escapes the trial

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Combine with We'll Make It makes the most sense, puts it closer to bbq in terms of power.

• Wolf74

@Killmaster said:
    Combine with We'll Make It makes the most sense, puts it closer to bbq in terms of power.

Yea, combining 2 already good perks into one sounds totally balanced. [/sarcasm]

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

@Wolf74 said:

@Killmaster said:

Yea, combining 2 already good perks into one sounds totally balanced. [/sarcasm]

Since when was WGLF considered a good perk? Your gimping your team of another good perk by running it, atleast when combined with We'll Make It, the incentive is there to heal them instead of farm them. If the BP was only rewarded by successfully healing them then farming wouldn't even be an issue since nobody would go for unsafe saves if that was the case.