If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The new survivor and killer's backstories seem to be heavily intertwined.

Options
alexs063
alexs063 Member Posts: 4

First off for Jeff, "A late-night regular noticed his sketches and asked him to do some artwork for his gang up Mount Ormond. Jeff accepted the challenge and painted a large mural depicting 'the legion'" For me, this is pretty obvious that this is Frank asking him to make a mural for his group of friends. (Given their name is literally the legion, and it was for a group of friends who would hang out up at mount Ormond) "Driving by his former high school, he remembered the mural he painted up Mount Ormond. He bought a 12-pack and headed to the lodge." This one seems to be pretty heavily linked to this quote from The legion's backstory "Frank spotted something moving through the woods. He grabbed his knife and broke from the group to check it out." I theorize that it's Jeff he sees moving through the woods, this means that the entity would have gotten all 5 of them at pretty much the same time. If this is right, I think this is the most intertwined a killer (Or killers depending on how you look at it) and survivor have been, at least for the original characters.

Comments

• Worldsastage
    Worldsastage Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    Options
    At the very least it's the most overt. I believe Nea lived in the area of the ruins of fhe Asylum where The Nurse's massacre took place, right?
  • Crow
    Crow Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Wow nice, I didn't read Jeff's backstory tho.
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

@Worldsastage said:
    At the very least it's the most overt. I believe Nea lived in the area of the ruins of fhe Asylum where The Nurse's massacre took place, right?

Nea was dared to tag the asylum Sally worked at, so yeah.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,946
    edited November 2018
    Options

I also enjoyed that the Survivor and Killer were directly related to the same area for the first time in a while. It makes a 'Chapter' feel much more cohesive when there are actual connections instead of random parts. What did David have to do with the Huntress and the Red Forest? This approach is definitely nicer.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316
    Options

@Science_Guy said:
    I also enjoyed that the Survivor and Killer were directly related to the same area for the first time in a while. It makes a 'Chapter' feel much more cohesive when there are actual connections instead of random parts. What did David have to do with the Huntress and the Red Forest? This approach is definitely nicer.

If you look at the inside of Mother's Abode, there's a photo of David's family on the wall, IIRC. David and his family might have lived in the woods after Hunty got taken by the Entity.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@bubbascal said:

@Science_Guy said:

If you look at the inside of Mother's Abode, there's a photo of David's family on the wall, IIRC. David and his family might have lived in the woods after Hunty got taken by the Entity.

Wait show me a screenshot of it that sounds scary as hell.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316
    Options

Source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/07/25/dead-by-daylights-newest-survivor-is-a-terrible-person/

Take that!

Image isn't clear, but I couldn't find another image of the inside of the house.

And that isn't what I was remembered. But once I hop onto DBD again, I'm going to try and take a clear screenshot of it on my PS4. I'll try and get a good angle for you once I sit down and start playing.

Sorry for the potentially false information. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong. But one of those look like David somewhat, no? The outline of one of the shirts reminds me of David's jacket...

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    bubbascal said:

@Science_Guy said:

David is British and huntress is Russian so that can't be the case
  • Rotieh2000
    Rotieh2000 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Nea went to the asylum to paint something there and ya know... So rebel teenager stuff

But david, ace and kate doesn't seen to have any conection to their killers
  • Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

@Rotieh2000 said:
    Nea went to the asylum to paint something there and ya know... So rebel teenager stuff

But david, ace and kate doesn't seen to have any conection to their killers

Read somewhere that Ace tried to hiding out down South in the Hag's swamp. Kate wandered into the wrong slice of the woods, played the DBD theme song by accident, and was snatched by the Entity and then was chased by the Clown, I think.

• Shraar
    Shraar Member Posts: 219
    Options

I think it's obvious to anyone who is willing to give credit where it's due that they are really improving their lore!

I look at the early designs and think they're so shallow: like we get it you're scary monsters. And that nurse is teleporting for some reason, and that guy who worked at a junkyard has a magical bell that turns him invisible... mmkay. W/e I guess.

But other killers like the Spirit and Huntress have truly compelling lore where you sympathize with/pity them and understand why they've turned into killers. Legion and Jeff being connected is yet another step in the right direction when it comes to lore, I can't wait to see their next original creation they're getting really good at it.