Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

To all the killers that farm.

GreenDemo
GreenDemo Member Posts: 276
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

Play the game normally, until you hooked everyone twice AND THEN be friendly or maybe just slug/not down survivors.

Everyone will get more points this way and the outcome will be the same.

(Also you may have to kill atleast one survivor if your rank goes high enough, just saying from experience)

Ps: I don't farm that often. maybe if I have a hard archive on a killer I never play.

Comments

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeak
    HexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

Farming in general is weird... Just play the game.

Love getting insulted as killer when I won't waste my time sitting a gen constantly kicking it as a survivor clicks on and off of it.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

That's what I normally try to do during events like this and I was able to for a while but for some reason today, survivors are hard gen rushing which is making it kinda hard to want to have fun or farm.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

Agreed. Killers who farm right off the bat result in boring games that take way too long to get to a decent score.

Unfortunately though when I do this, 2-hook everyone before I ease up, survivors think I'm sweating and do stupid crap like DC or let themselves die on hook.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

Yeah, I tend to do this, but in a fair share of games this leads to survivors smashing gens and leaving too soon, unless I grossly outmatch them, which isn't desirable really, so what I do is to kill 2 and 2 hook the remaining 2. Then I ease off. I try not to be too evident about it, I just start making lots of mistakes and prioritize silly things like kicking gens.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2022

How can you farm when survivors are taking 4 flans and doing everything possible to AVOID contact with the killer.

My games are ending within 3 minutes and you can never see them so it ends up with me just tunneling one guy down because the others are enjoying the gen simulator.

Fun goes bothways.

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

You jinxed it man, I literally got a tournament team my last game xp.

I mean some people can manage, but not when I'm just using random perks with a killer I'm prestiging.

But yeah fun goes both ways.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

If I notice survivors start flocking around me when I play more lenient and farm but if they seem aggressive and smash gens I just kill.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

This is what I usually do, event or no. I usually make better points, and it's more fun. The average survivor thinks farming = palette stunning and kicking gens, and they get all upset if I try to hook them even if I'm suffering a concussion at that point. Plus, a lot of survivors don't trust farming killers, and I'll spend 5 gens trying to convince them I'm friendly and end up earning nothing. No, it's better to just go for my 4 stack, double hook if they seem brave enough to not leave teammates to die, and go easy on them once I've maxed my points.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Yeah this is what I do. Had someone d/c because I downed them while they just sat there pointing even though I had no intention of hooking them more then twice.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

That's what I usually do, but I'm sorry, if someone stops mid-chase to boop me, my inner clown takes over.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I tried to 2 hook my last couple of games and it was quite fun, especially the hard tunneling, when I knew that I didn't want that third hook, but all the survivors tried to screen and protect their mate, giving me loads of free hits.

Going for 8 hooks leads to pretty normal games, albeit without the killing blow. Some games still reach the end games without you getting everyone, others spill the beans prematurely because the survivors crumble and you dont want to kill them off.

Occasionally my goldfish brain messes up counting to three and someone dies, probably upping the ante for the survivors who thing that the jig is now up.

I had a situation where I downed two survivors near the galley on Dead Dog Saloon, then walked up there and stared just ahead. The other survivors just left :P So I hauled the two dying survivors towards each other, let one wriggle free and heal up the other, and they STILL ran in panic and asked in the pgc if they wriggled free legitly or if I let them go.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Don't you dare.

You know I have to be friendly if you do.