Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

We reduced the grind!! (except we kinda didn't) Part 2 Bloodpoint Boogaloo

Comments

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Current system:

1.5 Million bloodpoints to Prestige

50k per Bloodweb at Level 50

291 total perk levels

Keep all Killers at Level 50 (You do not prestige because you lose perks) - 62 total perk levels

28 Killers * 1.5 million = 42 million

Perk cost at level 50 = 25k

229 perk levels * 25k = 5,725,000

5,725,000 * 28 Killers = 160,300,000

Total cost having all Killers at Level 50 all perks No prestige = 202,300,000

Total cost having all Killers at Level 50 all perks Prestige 3 = 328,300,000

New System:

Prestige 3 Killer = 4.65 million

4.65 million * 28 Killers = 130,200,00

Reduction of 35% if you kept all Killers at level 50 comparing the old system to the new system.

Reduction of 60% if you P3 all Killers comparing the old system to the new system.

This is even WITHOUT min/maxing (You would have all perks before Prestige 3 the more Killers you have P3'd).

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

if you wanna do more math, you can also calculate it based on how many characters you want with all perks.

Based on what I did you need at least like 4 characters to make it at least same with current system. If you want only one (I play only one survivor for example), it's +/- 20% more BP than current system.

• Tizzle

Peanuts explained it pretty well also, if you don't understand and wish to keep spreading misinformation so be it.

• Tizzle

Calculate it as 1.5 million points for each Prestige and 50k for each bloodweb at level 50.

Do you not understand with the old system you have to do level 50 bloodwebs regardless of Prestige and with the new system you don't?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

They both have super playable browns and yellows, though. Hag's are only a small step down from the greens and you hardly notice the difference, and Demo's addicted to Black Heart and Barb's Glasses even more than the dope aura reading from Leprose Lichen. And Hag's only good purple is Rusty Shackles; the rest are awful. Mostly, those killers can live without having consistent access to their higher-end stuff, where killers like Trapper and Doctor are going to hurt for it.

The specifics don't really matter, though, as long as the point that everyone's going to lose steady access to higher rarity items and offerings stands.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

When you look at the way it works it actually does reduce the grind for perks, but when it comes to the old p3 outfits you've just increased the grind for new players to get there when you have to prestige 6 times just for the outfit, and think about what that does to new players you just made the grind more overwhelming for the people you were supposed to be reducing it for because nobody that's played this game for years is in a situation where they truly have to grind to get things it's a chapter by chapter deal once you're leveled up, new players are gonna see those outfits and want them but 6 prestiges to get it might just make someone new throw the game away when they start delving into how many characters they need to buy just to feel like they have a decent perk selection.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220

After hitting prestige level 9, the only reason I would prestige again is for high rarity items, and the easiest way to get those is with the level 50 bloodwebs. So unless new rewards are added as an incentive for P10+, the low cost bloodwebs are actually entirely pointless for someone like me.

However, I do like the low level bloodweb system for any prestige level before P9 because my goal would be to get the rewards as cheaply as possible, so items and addons would be secondary at that point. It's similar to how I prestige in the current system, I go for the cheapest costing items until I hit P3 to get the bloody cosmetics cheaply and once I'm done I start stocking up on more expensive items/addons

So.. what Peanits is saying does make sense and he has a point, but that only lasts until you hit P9. If rewards are never added beyond that point then the cheaper bloodwebs lose value.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702
    edited July 2022

I think people would rather you ruin the hard work for your input, there’s a lot of concerns here. Still could you do me a big favour and answer these things?

1. Newer players and the grind. Sure unlocking things in the long run is less but without bbq and wglf bonuses and being forced to pay to prestige, the short term grind is definitely worse. I do however agree that blood point growth should not be attached to perks. I mean from my perspective I don’t care to have every perk on every survivor because I won’t play most of them. Killers sure but…
    2. Bigger blood webs have more choices and cut out a lot of junk. I can pick and prioritise what I want whether it be perks, items or add ons rather then accept loads of things I will never use which is what I’m forced to do at low levels.
    3. 50k to prestige AND being forced? Why? This was a rather unpleasant surprise and one I don’t think anybody expected.

Ultimately from where most people sit the 75% number is misleading at best and an outright lie at worst. The 75% number was used to say the amount of hours you’d need to unlock things initially which even at the time I thought was misleading because most people don’t care to unlock every perk on every survivor and maybe not every killer, just the ones they use.

Regardless, a lot of people seem to be concerned and there’s a simple way to at least temporarily appease: Don’t force prestige.

• bunnybydaylight
    bunnybydaylight Member Posts: 33

i prefer the old prestige because i didnt need to spend millions of bp on people i only wanted perks from. i agree that the lower levels do cut down bp but no one wants the bad brown/yellow addons, unless youre a killer who benefits from that, but so help me god if i have to force buy 20 more toolbox instructions or 30 more course stones im gonna uninstall the game.

not but seriously, the way this new prestige looks to someone whos fairly new to the game and only has a few select characters p3, im genuinely worried for the grinding im gonna be forced to do, sure keeping all items/addons is great, i dont have to lose my halloween items when i prestige mikaela, amazing, but its still dreary to think about everything else on top of that.

the lvl 50 bloodwebs also give you better items, better addons and have more variety, also the "forced to prestige" and "50k tax" is really stupid because lvl 50 bloodwebs /cost/ you 50k, so you have to pay that to prestige AND you get nothing.. how exactly is that "reducing the grind"

i like the p3-100 idea, but its better in theory and honestly not that worth it all things considered. especially since they have not changed how the p3/now p6 cosmetics work; you have to wear some ugly base outfit to flex that youve wasted hours into the game, over doing what they did to plague/nemesis and letting you just have bloody versions of the outfits you do like, when people have been asking for this for a while. (seriously, some of the character i want to prestige have the ugliest base outfits and is the sole reason i havent prestiged them)

also, if im correct, it should still cost roughly same from level to level, because instead of yellow perks, you're now just getting yellow items and so on so forth. the randomness of the perks made it fun, you get to use niche perks as you have nothing else (which also can help eliminate people sticking to the same 4 perks every game, because you find lifting pallets with amn in the killers face is fun and risky)

i feel like an easier way to reduce grind would just to be to remove the bp cap so you can just save up infinitely for whatever purpose you want. i mean seriously, why is cap a million when if you get double iri 1, you get 2 million bloodpoints? just remove the bloody cap already. i understand the cap was put in place for when cheating in bp was much easier, but times have changed old man

also as a part time huntress main, i dont run bbq because i havent leveled bubba up, but i no longer have desire to run that perk due to the bp loss. i play just fine without it, and i knew it'd be a good perk for huntress, but its really not worth trying to get anymore, the bp bonus was a crutch to what made that perk better over others, same with wglf

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

Yeah lol OP made another spreadsheet to disprove peanits haha

the man is savage

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Honestly, the fact you will be forced to back to level 1 is already extremely dissapointing, there is extreme gameplay value difference when we can utilize all the addons and when we can not, it's basically making the game less interesting at the cost of marginal reduction in grind.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

P1 for tier 1, you still need to level the perks up with the bloodweb and why waste that BP if you could go for p3.

I spent 100+ levels to get BBQ on Pinhead.

(Thx BHVR for scrapping the one reason i p3'd LF)

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022

Because if you gonna go for p3 from just beginning of the game, you'd waste lot of levels for no perks.

• Tishus
    Tishus Member Posts: 34

The thing is they want to put an insentive for the matchmaking issue witch is only for cross on witch nobody like to play with pc hackers. Pretty bad idead.

• bunnybydaylight
    bunnybydaylight Member Posts: 33

something id like to add is that they removed the bp bonus from bbq so it wouldnt be the deciding factor for that perk but they made meme addons way more common because of the way the new bloodweb works.. and the meme addons usually always have a 100% bp bonus.. guess they didnt think through the "we dont want bloodpoints to be the deciding factor of builds" like yeah but now people are gonna run more bp focused addons because theyre going to get them more over the rarer and actually good addons.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Not really. Understanding math and anything more than a paragraph is too hard for some people. It’s basically the equivalent of “Shut up nerd!”. So insert a ‘witty’ meme picture and all is right with the world.

This ultimately stems from the insecurity of their own intelligence. Sad thing is this usually gains traction most of the time because “Well if this guy said it, it must be true and I don’t need to feel stupid because I can’t formulate my own opinions”.

In the end they deceive themselves into believing one lie after another and end up making the world worse for everyone ultimately because they don’t think for themselves and worse don’t try to improve themselves or understand other perspectives. Because that’s not cool ‘yo’.

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199

This digression has been truly pointless.

Whose lies are you talking about?

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

Wait, wdym they are removing teachables.

I thought that besides the current "you unlock teachables from level 30 - 40 and they start to appear in other characters bloodweb" you also unlock those perks for everyone if you prestige (prestige 1, tier 1 of those 3 teachables). I know you will be able to prestige once and then find those perks in the bloodweb to tier up but..