Why was zarina's father murderd?

Options
leatherfav88
leatherfav88 Member Posts: 209

This is a question i'v been wondering for a while, i was wondering why the gang member in zarina's story killed her father?

Comments

• OpalescentHare
    OpalescentHare Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2022
    Options

It's never specified, so the possibilities are broad. That aside, there are some theories that I think make sense:

1). The simplest would be that it was due to his involvement or noncompliance with the gang (IR-28). Gangs are focused within a specific neighbourhood/territory violence where they are active. Violence can happen plenty between gangs, but it's not uncommon for nonmembers to be targeted by violence such as robbery, drug and gun trafficking, prostitution and human trafficking, fraud, and assault. We know it was premeditated due to what information Zarina got out of him during her trip to Hellshire Penitentiary. Because of this, it could be that either he was involved with IR-28 or another gang, or he refused to involve himself/his business/his family with IR-28.

2). There are also White Power prison gangs, which IR-28 could be. It's quite clear that the Lebanese part of Zarina's identity is otherized. So her father being murdered for his presence in the gang's territory as a non-white person could have been reason enough. And the chapter was called "Chains of Hate," so it wouldn't be the most surprising that his murder was a hate crime.

3). Another possibility is that this was secretly the influence of the Entity. The Entity has often interfered with her toys—both killers and survivors—before taking them to her realm. The Entity could have influenced gang activity to bring Zarina to Hellshire Penitentiary and take her.

I wonder if it would make sense if we knew what "IR-28" stands for. I can't figure out any meaning that I'm confident could be logical.