Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why am I being placed with low skill survivors

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,625
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Every match it's always low skill survivors and high skill killers and when I mean low skill I mean stuff like causing a three gen that is obvious and extremely close not where it could take a bit to walk to no in clear ear and eye shot. Why am I being paired with them oh I know it's because of high skill killers since I'm going down by them because maybe my team doesn't bother saving me until I'm on my second phase on first hook nooo? Is my fault then I don't know because no one has ever said anything about fixing new matchmaking or or here's a way better idea bring back old matchmaking i don't get how matchmaking is so hard there are so many games that have matchmaking that pairs you with a team your skill level or something super close to it. I'm going on a rant about the mess killer matchmaking is but it's four people for survivor there are games that do 8 people in a team or all together and they can be part of the same skill level what is so hard for four people let alone two people. Because I'm stuck with solo q because I can't constantly play with friends so I have deal with the mess that is solo matchmaking.

Post edited by jamally093 on

Comments

• hilapasta
    hilapasta Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2022

the same thing is happening to me as survivor, and when i try to play killer (mind you, i havent played killer in a year & i would play w/ no perks so im a noob), i get 4 p10 survivors who are significantly better than my killer :/ i don't want to lobby shop but seriously it makes survivor feels like baby sitting lol. im wondering where are these survivors i play with when i'm killer lmao and vice versa. mmr is great guys ...

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

To be honest with you. Only thing you need to get to an ok mmr with survivor is being efficient with your time.

Not causing a 3 gen, unhooking in front of the killer, wasting pallets, taking hits, flashlight saves etc.. Those are all skills a lot of even decent survivors lack because they are not really needed.

Just heal fast, sit on gens and dont crack under pressure at the first hook and you'll go far in this game.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Oh and splitting up. Though if you arent splitting up you arent being efficient with your time so there is that i guess.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

A survivor who is able to hide all match and escape out the doors need to have their mmr increased so they face killers who won't lose a 3v1

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

I gave up fighting this a long time ago. May as well embrace the poorly implemented mmr system and try to have a good time. Go for the last second suicide hooks and use meme builds. Fighting this will only drain you.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

we could mix up. i get send with people who have 5000h+ and I'm by far the weakest one who usually dies first.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Because the matchmaking algorithm is non-existent given the right circumstances aka queue times and killer to survivor ratio in queue coupled with the few parameters this matchmaking even has.

• Kolitra
    Kolitra Member Posts: 61

Matchmaking can't be efficient if there is no balance between killers/survivors i think, BUT when i play my hag, i mostly only fall on very fkin goods swf survs, and it happenned even before the big patch, so i just think my hag mmr is broken so i don't play her, can't have fun...

• puncher
    puncher Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2022

MMR ruined Dead By Daylight. The changes keep getting worse

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
  • Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348

Someone using a green or yellow perk doesn't mean they are crap at the game it means that they haven't prestige enough characters.

probably have to use a perk they don't normally use for a challenge

Now if they did nothing all game then yeah they are probably bad at the game

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited August 2022

When you're getting potato teammates you're either A) a potato too or B) you're playing at the wrong time.

Only play solo queue from like noon till afternoon (11:00 - 17:00). This is when MMR works the best. Don't question it, just try it out.

Oh, and bring Kindred and/or other teamperks. It helps. A LOT.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

How many skulls do you expect a person to have?

• botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123

so what if my skull is low and i look like the juggernaut you got a problem? /s

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

I like to rationalize, so here's my perspective.

You are the main character of the film. You wake up in this hell of random people running from a killer. You don't know them, and they don't have all the skills to survive. One of those people is the type that screams and cries when finding out what is happening, everyone is like shhhhhh, but they are hysterical. The Killer comes and kills someone, mos likely not the screaming one. The other person is off getting stoned, and doing nothing. It's up to you to save the team. You get all the work done, and then when you are at the gate you get grabbed, the only other person left is the screaming person, who runs out of the exit gate, leaving you on the hook.

Congrats, the screamer played better than you. The sun begins to rise, your body silhouettes the frame.

:Roll Credits::

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,441

Depends, as survivor yeah its absurd it is based on escapes, but as killer, kills are what matters, a killer that got a 0k might as well have been tutorial trapper or afk, they did nothing that affected the course of the game, and deserved their mmr lowered.

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

So by that logic then, the facecamping Bubba with deadlock and NOED is skilled becsause he gets 2/3 kills a match?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225
    edited August 2022

Because while there is an MMR system, it essentially gets thrown out the second there's any sort of queue. Plus, survivor is a team game with zero communication tools for solo. You just have to hope everyone is on the same page. It often breaks down in practice. You can't even see what builds teammates have to prevent anti-synergy. Frustration by design.