Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

would it be possible for a dev to answer this question.

Why does Wesker have a 40 meter terror radius?

Comments

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    edited September 2022

I'm not a Dev but I may try to give my personal explanation. He can cover a big distance with his power in a very short amount of time. If his terror radius was smaller, survivors probably wouldn't have a chance to know if the killer was going in their direction or not. Imagine if he had a 32 meter radius and you slapped on him Monitor and Abuse (reduce your terror radius while not in chase). It wouldn't have been a nice experience to play against in my opinion

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

He has mobility AND is capable of slowing survivors down. I think 32 meters is too little due to M&A’s existence, but I agree that 40 meters may be too large. I wish that BHVR would he willing to make weird terror radius values for killers, like 34 or 36 meters. I think that’d fit Wesker quite well.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

i think theyre doing an experiment to see if high mobility killers should start having bigger terror radiuses so survs have more warning

if they like how wesker is working with a 40m tr, i think theyll go back and start changing other killers with traversal to have 40m too

• woodenEnthusiasm
    woodenEnthusiasm Member Posts: 160

My issue with that is blight, oni, billy, and nurse all cover much greater distances just as fast if not faster than him. So by that logic all of them should have 40 meter terror radiuses too.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

Blight needs to bounce off stuff, Billy you hear the chainsaw revving even when you're in the other side of the map, same goes for the Oni that you can hear when he starts the dash. Nurse you hear blinks.

• woodenEnthusiasm
    woodenEnthusiasm Member Posts: 160

Billy has a silent saw addon, blight can and probably will have bounced before hand while travelling to you, nurse can blink up to 20 meters without range addons on her first blink. For reference weskers dashes combined are 21 meters total. Also Weskers dash is by no means silent. If you want to argue his dashes are faster they are but not by much. His first dash is 11 m/s and his second one is 14 m/s. His dashes also don't move at that speed he exponentially speeds up to that cap. Meanwhile Nurse blinks at 13.33 m/s, blight runs at 9.2 m/s, and billy runs at 9.2 m/s all at a constant speed

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Wesker's BDE exudes an aura of masculinity that frightens survivors from further away because he is such a Giga Chad. Gameplay has nothing to do with their game design. They just needed him to assert his dominance on survivors from wider ranges. The only reason they stopped short was so that you could still get value from Distressing when you play on the Game which was a name they chose based on Wesker's social life, by the way.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

Maybe we will see an increase in their terror radius once the date of this little experiment floods back? I think this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. And @dugman's Bad Medicine build is pretty hilarious with Wesker, I run it pretty often with him and its so fun seeing all the little popups all over the map and sometimes survivors just opting to stay injured.

The build consists of Unnerving Presense/Coulrophobia/Distressing and either Septic Touch for the full bad medicine or Sloppy Butcher for some really frustrating healing sessions.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Yes, but it’s an interval of eight like most other terror radii are. (or is it radiuses? I will figure this out later) I’d like them to experiment with something between 32 and 40 for Wesker.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited September 2022

Lol, isn't it though? 😄 I also have taken to putting Huntress Lullaby in that fourth slot. Even more explosions!

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

8 is a clean number to do them in and you might aswell stick to some semblence of consistency with how you assign a killers terror radius. Also is there really any need for him to have a 36 his 40 seems fine and personally I like it being used for synergy like clouro overwhelming and unnerving. He would barely change with a 36m terror radius so I think its fine as is.