Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

You can't tell me that this wasn't noticed in testing

The knight is such a super buggy mess. Like everytime u use ur power u have a chance that it just bugs out and ur an M1 killer for the rest of the game. And it happens almost every match. This in addition to all the other bugs. U can't tell me that this wasn't noticed by anyone during testing. Why push this killer out anyways? Just so everyone buys it and hes maybe fixed in 2-3 months? Thats what it feels like to me at least.

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

It probably was noticed

But they aren't gonna delay their content to fix it, they basically never do because keeping to their schedule is important

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November 2022

The knight's power is actually fairly ambitious. The ability to create pathing on the fly by itself is one thing, but having to create an adaptive system that makes it continuously need to rewrite said pathing and reroute accordingly based off of the movement of a target it no small order, especially when adding in as many variables as they have and having the tracking pointer be off of a moving player. That said, a lot of the other issues in the game come into play: stuff like collision issues being a big one, as well as the adaptive potential of said logic. I honestly believe its a big part of why they made them kinda dumb in establishing and starting chase, its the path of least resistance in play.

While I'm not going to defend how many things get by QA and how many get outright ignored while being known issues for literal years, this is absolutely a killer that is going to take a disproportionate amount of work and tuning before they work as well as people (rightfully) expect.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

Pretty sure they have a contract with Sony/Microsoft to keep releasing content every three months regardless of quality.

I know those two companies in particular are notorious for needing everything outlined and planned months, if not years, in advance.

Remember how Bill wasn't on console for literal years?

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

Not saying that it hasn't happened to you a couple of times, but it definitely isn't a major happens almost every match issue. It's never happened to me, and I've played him a lot, and I haven't seen it happen to any streamers.